Thread: Non resident carry permits

Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    I have the Texas LTC also.

Member #
    Liked
    6275 times
    My Texas LTC allows me to go just about any where that I care to go.

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    36645 times
    Missouri here and pretty much accepted anywhere they have CCPs.

Name:  Missouri CCP 01.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  181.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    I have Calif ccw (believe it or not) but itís not accepted next door in Nevada. I go to Reno every now and then, so I obtained an Arizona CCW which is accepted there as well as a bunch of other states Nevada is open carry, but Iím of the opinion that makes a lot of people nervous, so I donít do it.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22037 times
    I have a Texas resident permit. At the moment I'm in Mississippi. If you got a Texas non-Resident permit you would pick up a few states like NM, NV, VT, DE. Like you're going to go to Delaware? The ease of getting a permit in your own state hurts you a little in reciprocity, as many states require that any state they recognize have at least the same qualifications as they do. Not Texas though. They generally have a blanket policy of recognizing everybody. But Texas is not the easiest state to get a permit in, oddly enough.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    1795 times
    IA reciprocity map looks a lot like your GA map daytonaredeye. Nebraska's ccp laws are weird, no loss there. What's the deal with NM?
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19335 times
    ^^^^^^^

Good question. Anyone know what’s up with NM? I had assumed Nebraska would cover me and was shocked they didn’t. I drove most of the E -> W route enroute to SD a few years back. I wonder what really accounts for why and with whom you reciprocate.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

ďViolent crime is feasible only when itís victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments donít create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    22037 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    ^^^^^^^

Good question. Anyone know what’s up with NM? I had assumed Nebraska would cover me and was shocked they didn’t. I drove most of the E -> W route enroute to SD a few years back. I wonder what really accounts for why and with whom you reciprocate.
    Might not be them. The question might be what's up with Georgia? For some reason one or the other doesn't want to recognize the other. These things can blow up based on minor changes. Texas changed the minimum age for LTC to 18 if you are active duty military or Veteran. One of the North Western states...Washington?...Oregon?....dropped reciprocity with Texas over that, as their law required you be 21.
    Last edited by glenwolde; 07-18-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Definition of clip

2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    22037 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    ^^^^^^^

I asked Gary Slider: "New Mexico Requires certain Criteria to honor another state + a signed agreement. I am not sure what all is required for NM to honor a state. New Mexico is the hold up as Georgia will honor anyone who honors them."

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/c...-fl-ok-ri.html
    Definition of clip

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19335 times
    Well, I know that Ga is unusual in that if you’re legal to purchase a gun, you’re pretty much legal to carry. You do have a GBI background check and submit fingerprints but no classes, qualifications testing, etc. And Gary is right, Ga will honor anyone who honors us.
    gyro_cfi likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

ďViolent crime is feasible only when itís victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments donít create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links