renew permit??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: renew permit??

Member #
    Liked
    234 times

renew permit??

i live in kentucky and have my ccdw permit, it is now time to renew for another 5 years for $70. however kentucky passed a law starting on July 1st that a permit isn't needed to carry conceal. my only problem is that i go to Tennessee about 4-5 times a month to shop, Tennessee allows carry in my vehicle without a permit but not on me, so if i go there without a permit the gun stays in the car. so my question is if you were on a tight budget like me with a fixed income would you renew for the trips to tennessee or would you not renew and just keep the gun in the car in tennessee? thanks for any help.
    777Driver and Nimbly like this.

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    i live in kentucky and have my ccdw permit, it is now time to renew for another 5 years for $70. however kentucky passed a law starting on July 1st that a permit isn't needed to carry conceal. my only problem is that i go to Tennessee about 4-5 times a month to shop, Tennessee allows carry in my vehicle without a permit but not on me, so if i go there without a permit the gun stays in the car. so my question is if you were on a tight budget like me with a fixed income would you renew for the trips to tennessee or would you not renew and just keep the gun in the car in tennessee? thanks for any help.
    My Calif ccw is not recognized in Nevada, so I (also retired on a fixed income) paid $60 for another states non-resident ccw that is recognized there. It’s worth it to me. As they say “different strokes for different folks...)

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    4920 times
    I would renew it, and yes, I am on a fixed income also.
    It is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Guess it depends on how fixed your income is? If you can do it and still have the lights on and food to eat than I would go for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    CaptainMorgan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5562 times
    Yeah I agree I would try to do it. As others have said if it is a real financial burden then it sounds like you will be okay without it.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    29224 times
    Yep, I would renew it too.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    498 times
    When i moved back to MS from FL my FL ccw became Non resident ccw by default. All FL required was a change of address and i kept the same card. I have the same type issue now. MS is constitutional carry as long as it is in a holster. Open or concealed. When my FL needed to be renewed which one was better. MS ccw or FL nonresident. I just renewed FL non. MS has two ccw's regular and "enhance". OK now, some states only resip the "enhance". But those states take FL non, except for SC. FL is good for seven years. MS for two or four i forget. It's easier to be an outlaw and demand my constitutional right of A2 in front of a judge and sue for false arrest.
    Unfortunately I'm lawful and will get my MS "enhance" soon to go with my FL non resident and they all can kiss my Rebel enhance carry Assessories.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bjrjar View Post
    My Calif ccw is not recognized in Nevada, so I (also retired on a fixed income) paid $60 for another states non-resident ccw that is recognized there. It’s worth it to me. As they say “different strokes for different folks...)

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    so YOU'RE the ONE guy in California that has a permit! What did it take to get that done (or do you live in one of the rare counties that still believes in freedom)?

Member #
    Liked
    992 times
    It's hard for us to judge since we don't know how tight your budget is.
    Going to Tennessee 4-5 times a month is fairly often. I go to California 2-3 times a year, and Colorado 1-2 times a year. Neither of these states recognize my Nevada CCW permit. In Colorado I can keep a gun in my car, but not on me. In California it's almost like I can't have a firearm at all. If I could pay $70 to carry in another state, I'd do it!

Member #
    Liked
    3860 times
    $70 for 5 years is about $1.16 a month. Every time to go south it's costing about a quarter to carry with license. Seems affordable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links