Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry + Other Stuff Bag

Member #
    Liked
    49 times

Concealed Carry + Other Stuff Bag

Greeting all!

I have been looking for a new (to me) way of carrying my large frame pistol (PT-92) and a number of assorted other items that have been going in my pockets, but, now I think I would prefer to have everything in one place. I am contemplating acquiring one of these.

https://www.craftholsters.com/cargo-...y-shoulder-bag

Over and above the PT-92, magazines, ammo would be such things as, knife, medium sized flashlight, first aid items, water bottle, cellphone & charger, etc., and who knows what else.

I am looking for your thoughts on this choice and similar items by a different manufacturer are also a possibility and look forward to your recommendations. Advice and insight about the good and bad of this are welcome. Since I live where it snows frequently in the winter and seems to rain frequently in the spring and fall the ability to shed water is important.

Thank you for your help.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33530 times
    I was afraid it was going to look like one of those man purses, but that isn't what it looks like at all. I say give it a try. The website says they'll buy it back if you don't like it. I've always favored holsters myself, but we're all different.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    7703 times
    Looks like a tacticool man purse.

Might be handy for some- if it's got a dedicated small pouch in it to hold Scrunchies for a man-bun, or a bottle of lotion.

Too much Mall Ninja for my tastes.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    I am very function oriented vs fashion oriented. The money back idea diminishes the concern about buying something unusable. I, too, prefer holsters and we can open carry here in Minnesota, but, I much prefer to keep things out of sight and out of mind regarding others and their reactions to open carry. There have been some encounters with Sheriffs and Deputies reported that have not liked open carry. I would just as soon avoid confrontation and not need what is concealed.
    Last edited by spentprimer; 06-01-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29756 times
    Give it a shot and see if it works out for you; with their buy back guarantee you won't be out the cash.

Just remember, wherever you go, it can be easily ripped off your shoulder by a snatcher or the run; and if you set it down off body it'll be even easier to steal.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    1830 times
    I like that! Got something similar in function. I use it while on my Catrike Expedition. Carry my pistol, road snacks, and radio in and on it. Could use a sling bag like that on day walks.
    https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...1/ProductID/37
    Last edited by gyro_cfi; 06-01-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    spentprimer likes this.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Looks like a tacticool man purse.

Might be handy for some- if it's got a dedicated small pouch in it to hold Scrunchies for a man-bun, or a bottle of lotion.

Too much Mall Ninja for my tastes.
    What ever you call it, it looks like it might work. As for man-buns, lotion and Mall Ninja ... I don't partake in any of that. Although being a retired old school barber I have awakened a few individuals to the old ways of us old guys.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Give it a shot and see if it works out for you; with their buy back guarantee you won't be out the cash.

Just remember, wherever you go, it can be easily ripped off your shoulder by a snatcher or the run; and if you set it down off body it'll be even easier to steal.
    I, too, have thought about the possibility of it getting pulled off the shoulder although my thought has been to to have the strap on the side opposite where the bag is so my head would be in the way if someone tried to pick it off me.. Additionally, I have also thought about making the bag itself secure to my belt in some way. Perhaps sewn on leather belt loops? Setting things down is not typically something I normally do.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gyro_cfi View Post
    I like that! Got something similar in function. I use it while on my Catrike Expedition. Carry my pistol, road snacks, and radio in and on it. Could use a sling bag like that on day walks.
    https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/...1/ProductID/37
    Thank you for the link! I had not seen that bag before. Years ago I had something similar that was army surplus that got thrown in with something I had ordered (cold weather gear for ice fishing in the open). Alas, it was lost sometime in the last century prior to 1970. There were a lot of O.D. Green Army Surplus fabric bags when I was 50 years younger advertised in the Sunday Newspaper Sports Section. My fear is getting a small bag that when it is filled weights 30 pounds ... I will be careful.
    gyro_cfi likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    601 times
    I have a somewhat similar bag that I purchased in eBay from Israel where the bag I use is made. Marom Dolphin Star Bag Concealed Gun Holster - BG5401
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marom-Dolph...53.m1438.l2649
    These bags are $40.00US with free "Economy Shipping Outside US". It does take a bit of time to receive due to them coming form Israel.
    I do not carry a Beretta 92 in my bag but my Sig P225-A1 and 6 loaded spare magazines are always in it. I keep the strap over my head so the bag cannot be snatched off my body easily.
    There are tabs in the back compartment to allow quickly opening it's zipper to access the gun that's held firmly in the bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links