What percentage of Americans conceal carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: What percentage of Americans conceal carry?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Sounds about right. Around 2 percent? Hardly ever a good guy with a pistol around when the bad guys start blasting
    Overwhelming number of these bad guys blasting incidents, occur in 'gun free zones'. Also overwhelmingly, licensed carriers are law abiding citizens.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    7235 times
    I saw some stats from Florida a few years ago and you were about 3 times more likely to have a LEO go bad than have a permit holder commit a crime. I think the percentage came out to be like 0.017% or something like that.

Even revocations of permits is usually tied to non firearms offenses. I think FL had like 8 or 9 permits that they revoked because of weapons charges in a decade or so.

*I like to quote FL stats because they basically invented the modern Shall Issue permit, they've been doing it the longest so you can look at the long term trends and numbers AND they make their stats available.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    880 times
    I know here in Gainesville, Fl.....a politically liberal college city , more carry than one would think. Just in my community alone, of over 400 seniors here in a 55+, only 39% are men, and I know over 50% of us carry daily.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    36434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    In Alabama, just over 22% of those eligible hold a permit. Daily carry? Probably not 5% of the permit holders. Considering how many permit holders that is in comparison to the state population, there's still a good many.

Personally, I only carry if I leave the house- whether it's going on a trip or just down to the mailbox.
    Yeah, I only carry when I have cloths on.

As a side note:

Name:  Concealed carry permits 01.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  107.7 KB
    Last edited by CWB; 05-28-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30674 times
    Texas makes their statistics on crime committed by LTC holders public on the state website. The percentage is well below 1% of the total number of LTC carriers.
    Smokewagon, Old_Sp5 and dogchild like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Texas makes their statistics on crime committed by LTC holders public on the state website. The percentage is well below 1% of the total number of LTC carriers.
    Well below the general population as well.
    texastaurusguy and Old_Sp5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    413 times
    Ok How many Americans CCW Legally with permits? Or is it more of an undocumented guess.
    We may not have it all together....Together we may have it all....Holding on to ancestry and history We are destroying our present as well as any hope for the future generations..A little rambling...what do you think?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Ok How many Americans CCW Legally with permits? Or is it more of an undocumented guess.
    I'd have to say it's an unknown. Texas supposedly has 1.3 million issued permits. But not everyone that has a permit actually carry. No way of knowing how many of those there are.
    jtg452 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7235 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    It's impossible to say with any certainty. You can find out how many permits are issued nation wide but just because they have the permit, it doesn't mean they actually put it to use regularly.

Alabama's permits run around $20 a year (it varies from county to county because of how the law is written) and just over 22% of the folks eligible have gotten a permit. That's the highest percentage in the nation.

LOTS of folks have gotten their permits 'just in case' or just for when they are traveling.

There's probably as many or more that just use it to have a pistol in the car or truck.

Daily, or at least regular, on the person carry? I figure maybe 1/4 of the permits issued, max, and more probably closer to 1/5.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    At present I believe there are 12 states that do not require handgun permits, so how many folks are carrying in those states on any given day. I never leave the house without mine on me or in my auto, but I don't think it's a number or percentage that you will ever get. Maybe just a hopeful guess?
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

David
    U.S. Navy Retired

TAURUS:
    JUDGE .45LC/.410GA Public Defender; 605 Protector .357 Magnum Revolver; TH9 9 MM Semi-Automatic;
    TH9C 9MM Compact; Spectrum .380 Semi-Automatic;
    RUGER LCP .380 Semi-Automatic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links