What would you do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What would you do?

Member #
    Liked
    3871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    A green beret told me to just wait, listen, and see what they do. He also told me two shots to the chest and one to the forehead. Triple tap.
    I heard that described as a Mozambique.
    230JHP and pegasus like this.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    7170 times
    Grab and go?

Be a good witness.

Start rounding people up or moving through the dining room?

I access the situation and if it warrants a more proactive stance to ensure the security and safety of me and mine, then it's on.

If the restaurant wanted me to be their security, then they would have hired me. Since they didn't, I'm minding my own business and letting them tend to theirs.

I don't carry to be the Super Secret Bane of Evil Doers Everywhere. I carry to protect me and mine.

NOT you and yours.

NOT them and theirs.

ME. And. Mine.

If, in the course of protecting me and mine, I end up saving you and yours or them and theirs, then that's a fantastic happy coincidence. BUT that's exactly what it is- a happy coincidence.

You can file this one away because that's gonna be my stock answer to any of the normal 'What if...." questions.
    Last edited by jtg452; 05-23-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    230JHP, pegasus, slong115 and 2 others like this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    3859 times
    I would probably say to myself "Good Heavens - why in the world did I choose to come to this joint?"

And I would get as low to the ground as possible.
    troutkiller likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4918 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    You really need to think that over seriously ! In military combat that’s fine but here in the USA if you do a head shot with two chest shots i can see you spending time in front of a judge and jury trying to explain why a head shot was necessary and why you should not go to jail !!
    The reason is he was still moving and that constituted a threat.

Member #
    Liked
    1140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    You really need to think that over seriously ! In military combat that’s fine but here in the USA if you do a head shot with two chest shots i can see you spending time in front of a judge and jury trying to explain why a head shot was necessary and why you should not go to jail !!
    "But Yer Honor, it was a tense situation, I am an old guy, everyone including me was completely taken by surprise as all the other witnesses have said, and my arm might have been wobbling a bit, and I was kind of scared, and I thought I only shot one or two shots at his shoulder, just to try to disarm him, you know, like to wound him to keep him from doing more damage until the police could arrive and arrest him", I said as I stood in the courtroom, leaning shakily on my old cane.

Flash
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    The two shots to chest may not hit any vital organs. Most good pistols can fire 3 rounds in one second. It would all be pretty reflexive
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    A green beret told me to just wait, listen, and see what they do. He also told me two shots to the chest and one to the forehead. Triple tap.
    You shoot to stop the threat whether it takes 1 round or 10.

Although, if it takes 10, you might want to either rethink gun choice or spend more time on the range.

Lower torso hits that break the pelvis work, too, and don't carry the stigma and potential legal issues of a head shot. Break the pelvis and standing or bipedal locomotion like walking and running is all but impossible. That gives you the maneuver advantage to be able to disengage or, at least, to have a stationary target if somebody wants to be all hard about it. There's also the psychological impactof seeing a pistol pointed in that general direction. Tends to focus one on the immediate and long term results of a continued violent confrontation.

People tend to miss either really high or really low under stress. Really high is from rushing the shot. Really low is from trying to over compensate for recoil and snatch every shot low.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    472 times
    Y'all just live in the wrong parts. In the described scenario and a "failure/Mozambique drill" performed we, in our parts, would never end up in front of a judge. The DA most likely would say something along the lines of, "Dumb A$$ sure did pick the wrong place to start shooting up today. That sure was some great shooting. Remind me to sit next to you the next time we see each other at lunch. Don't mess with (name redacted.) Hahaha."
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
    In the described scenario and a "failure/Mozambique drill" performed we, in our parts, would never end up in front of a judge.
    Yep. A good shoot is just that, a good shoot.
    230JHP likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2065 times
    I'd take a shot if I could. If they're pointing guns they've already used "deadly force." If you wait for one to shoot, someone likely gets shot. Also, I'm usually in a restaurant with my wife. She packs a Sig P320 compact with two 21 round backup mags, I usually carry a P320 sub compact on my belt. She is a crack pistol shot, too.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links