What would you do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What would you do?

Member #
    Liked
    4351 times
    "...the back of a crowded restaurant...". So are you good enough to engage two armed threats without endangering the rest of the people in the restaurant? And von Moltke's famous quote comes into play (https://blog.seannewmanmaroni.com/no...y-966df69b24b9).

I concur with the above sentiment, no shooting gets no action. With the first shot, all bets will be off and if you choose to engage it will have to be according to circumstances you see at a moment's notice. Just remember that as soon as those bad guys figure out where those shots are coming from they likely will be sending return fire your way, putting you and everyone in your immediate area (your family?) at risk. And with a new shooter (you) entering the dance, look for those who took cover in your location to suddenly decide to relocate. Now there's another stampede to get away from you. More chaos. And more risk to bystanders. And there have been those whose philosophy is they carry to protect themselves and their families. If the threat isn't against them, they let it go.

In the end, it's up to you what you would do. Just remember, the aftermath will be judged in the harsh glare of 20/20 hindsight and you will be responsible for whatever actions, if any, you decided to take.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    30552 times
    Am I alone or with loved ones? How far away are the police? Well lit, or an atmosphere restaurant with low light? How are the other customers reacting? Am I carrying my pocket .380, or did I go 15-round 5" 1911 today?

Lots of highly relevant information is missing. But exercising deadly force is a last resort.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Discreetly draw my weapon, take cover/concealment as best I am able, dial 911 and fill the cops in on what is going on. Next move is up to the baddies. If they leave gently then I let them go. If they use violence then the fight is on. How exactly that proceeds is based upon circumstances at the time.
    230JHP, pegasus and Ralph_Kirk like this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7379 times
    Drawing your weapon before needed is only going to cause problems . Someone sees you draw then they might think your part of it and gets you unneeded attention and you might have a dozen police draw down on you until you prove your legal . Big Rule : Never Never join in a situation just because your carrying . IF and Only IF your in a life situation do you need to draw your weapon AND if a weapon is drawn on you already don’t be stupid and think you can out draw your perpetrator !! Being stupid is not worth being killed !!

Member #
    Liked
    3587 times
    I would discretely push the panic button on my phone which calls 911 and broadcasts my GPS coordinates, and draw my EDC and wait it out. If there is no threat to life I would do nothing more.
    230JHP and Flash60601 like this.
    Let slip the dogs of War...
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7457 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    I would ask myself . . .

'What would Gecko45 do?'

https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/
    That thread ^^^ is a trip! Holy smokes! Had me in chuckling until I just couldn't stand the blatant stupidity from the Mall Ninja guy...
    loudviking likes this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I agree with ronpt24/7.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    A green beret told me to just wait, listen, and see what they do. He also told me two shots to the chest and one to the forehead. Triple tap.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7379 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    A green beret told me to just wait, listen, and see what they do. He also told me two shots to the chest and one to the forehead. Triple tap.
    You really need to think that over seriously ! In military combat that’s fine but here in the USA if you do a head shot with two chest shots i can see you spending time in front of a judge and jury trying to explain why a head shot was necessary and why you should not go to jail !!

Member #
    Liked
    6086 times
    There are a lot of if's to that question.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links