How and what do you carry? - Page 3
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: How and what do you carry?

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I prefer pocket carry. Most often, it's a Sig 365 in a Galco Gear pocket holster I'd ordered through Walmart. The other times, it's a S&W 442 in a Uncle Mike's #3.
    Yissnakk and BigBlue like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20890 times
    Over the last month, I’ve been pocket carrying my SigP365 (10+1) with a spare 12+1. Got a ton to choose among but with spring coming along no need for all the broncho-bustn’ bullets.
    Yissnakk, JimmyA, BigBlue and 2 others like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2787 times
    Nothing.
    JimmyA likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1695 times
    Always a KelTec P3AT in pocket. Sunday-go-to-meeting pants have the holster sewn in the right hand pocket.

Whenever I go out anywhere, a Keltec P11 on its own belt clip, IWB, (shirt, jacket or sweater loose over it) with spare mag in off-side pocket or on belt. If not the KT, then a SW9VE (black) in a hand-made suede leather IWB, still under loose shirt, with spare mag on belt, lefthand.

I almost NEVER open-carry, except to a "BARBECUE", when the choice is between a S&W 39 (no-dash) in a ox-blood red, basket-weave Ross holster - - or a S&W Round-butt Model 19 in a hi-polished black fifty-year-old Bianchi hi-ride thumb-break. Still haven't found the right BBQ holster for the PT92AFS, but open to suggestions.

However, all the hardware stays in the safe when I go over the line to the People's Republik of Maryland. Duuuh, I do feel neekid when I do this, so I do't go there often.

Flash
    Yissnakk, Czechbikr and Boheeber like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1622 times
    I have a number of handguns appropriate for CC, everything from a compact 1911 to J & K frame snub nosed revolvers, to a Charter Arms Bulldog. I have at least 1 or 2 IWB and/or OWB and/or pocket holsters for each of them.

My EDC is a 1st gen Ruger LC9. I carry it in a hybrid IWB holster, pocket holster, inside vest pocket, or in a pants pocket in a Galco pocket holster.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1136 times
    Taurus 845, small of the back holster and a .38 snub on the ankle.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

Member #
    Liked
    5413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    98% of the time I carry my PT-111 G2 on an IWB holster at the 5 o'clock position. Occasionally I carry it in the abdomin position; and even more rare, I carry a Ruger LCP II either in my pocket, or in an ankle holster. At night I include a double magazine holster that has one spare magazine for the G2, and a flashlight.
    On VERY rare occasions, I carry the G2, the flashlight and spare magazine, AND the LCP II.

I never open carry. I don't want to give up any advantage I may need. However, if I lived on a ranch or farm I probably would open carry.
    Can Flight Crew carry in the cockpit or are the Air Marshalls the only ones on board that can be armed? If you prefer not to answer, I understand.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    10731 times
    Kimber Micro 9 in a pocket holster.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    32153 times
    I really like 3 o'clock OWB with a molded pancake style holster. I used to make them with a slight forward cant, but these days I prefer vertical. It makes for a better draw, and you can move it over to 6:00 for road trips. Very comfortable, flexible setup. I've used this approach with everything from a double stack 5" 1911 to a PT740. These days, my primary carry is a Colt Defender. I sometimes carry a Detective Special with solid LSWC when I'm more concerned with critters than criminals. Again, molded OWB with no cant. Sometimes, I'll just slip my TCP in my back pocket in it's wallet-profile holster. That's the lowest I'll go, in size and caliber.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1514 times
    Usually a Canik Shark C 9mm 15+1. I have 3 holsters for it. Usually at 4 oclock in a Ross leather holster.It just depends on my attire as to how I carry. I also carry a 1911 but not at often as the Canik.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links