How and what do you carry? - Page 25
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Thread: How and what do you carry?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29578 times
    I was wearing a long enough coat so I decided to go with my H&K VP9 pistol today. I carry it in a Desantis belt slide holster that was originally made for a Sig P229, but fits so many other guns perfectly including this VP9 and even my Taurus G2C pistols.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    olfarhors and taurustoter like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    1306 times
    Summer carry outdoors Taurus 845. Small of the back holster or just in a regular belt holster. Depending on what I am doing. 1911 small of the back holster. two extra mags. Winter carry EAA Witness 10mm under shoulder. Glock in .40S&W under shoulder or small of the back. How I see it .45 summer, large slower bullet vs t-shirts don't have to worry about no penetrating. Winter, heavy jackets. higher speed smaller round. Make sure it goes through those jackets. Always carry my trusty .38 snubby on my ankle. That is my "I have barricaded myself in the bathroom or closet, ran out of ammo for primary, I am now waiting for Law enforcement to clear the building so I can leave gun."
    Speed doesn't kill you. It's the sudden stop. That's what gets you.

Member #
    Liked
    35608 times
    When I am on the motorcycle it's usually a snub nose .357 in a pocket, the rest of the time, whatever I am carrying is crossdraw either IWB or OWB.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23730 times
    Well, I officially christened my new PPK by pocket carry today.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    1314 times
    Generally a Shield 9mm IWB in kydex holster.... sometimes a Sig P238 IWB

occassionally a Keltec P32 in pocketholster or NAA .22wmr mini-revolver clipped in pocket

My Taurus UL380 revolver has yet to be carried... But will be soon... IWB

I hike with a Ruger SP101 .357 OWB in leather holster with thumb break
    Last edited by IowaShooter; 12-11-2019 at 05:53 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    496 times
    We're moving into cooler weather now, cool enough to wear a shirt over my t-shirt so at this time of year I tend to pull out my shoulder holsters. I have two basic types of shoulder holsters, a small, medium and larger vertical and a few small horizontal ones. The vertical holsters are used for my 3-4" barrel semi-automatics while the horizontal holsters are used with my snub nose revolvers and micro semis.

The first one this season was carrying one of my Colt 1903s in a small size Bianchi X15 holster. It's perfect size for the Colt 1903 or my Beretta 81 but still too big for the next smaller size like my Sig P230 or Walther PP or PPKs or my Bernardellis. For the smaller mid-size handguns I have an old Brauer Brothers and I've been using that with my East German Makarov. The Brauer Brothers is a spring loaded split front design like the Bianchis, vertical carry holster. Even though it has to be at least 30 or 40 years old now the spring still holds the guns securely. The only issue is that the cross shoulder strap is just canvass and not elastic and so I need to adjust it again most every year. It must shrink when not used cause it seems every year I need to let it out a bit and I can't imagine that it's me getting older and fatter.

The main horizontal is one of the long discontinued Bianchi 215 systems. It was nice since you could buy just the various sized holsters relatively cheaply. IIRC the last one I bought for the system was $9.00 or $10.00. It holds the handguns on a slight downward cant with multi position thumb break snaps to allow a wide range of guns to be held securely. The harness can be set up for either right or left shoulder carry and the height of the holster under your arm is also adjustable. The last few days it has been my Charter Arms Undercover in the smallest revolver holster. Never understood why Bianchi discontinued the rig since it is really comfortable and functional.

taurustoter likes this.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    1765 times
    Pocket carrying an SP101 Ruger in a fashionable .357. lolol
    taurustoter likes this.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Glock 19

Member #
    Liked
    9272 times
    It's winter now so I go with Taurus 850 in the pocket or use a IWB holster for the 850 and a pocket holster with a Taurus 732.

Member #
    Liked
    28399 times
    Spring/ Summer/ Fall/ Winter its the same carry all year.
    CZ P-01 in IWB, Sig 365 in front pocket.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links