Thread: How and what do you carry?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I carry a 605 Poly .357 Mag, with extra speed loader

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Here in OK I usually carry a Keltec PF-9 in a "cell phone case" on my belt. I tried an in the waist holster, but I just can't carry in the waist comfortably.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to live.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27640 times
    Carrying my CZ-82 Mak today.
    Rossi likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7139 times
    I've recently been carrying a PT111 G2. It's been pretty comfortable in this well made leather strap clip holster that can be worn IWB or out. Can't remember who makes the holster. I could also carry my finish worn old J frame S&W in the same holster, so it's pretty versatile. Probably go back to carrying my LCP in pocket before too long, but I don't know.

I flew for the first time with a firearm a few weeks ago. Worked pretty well...very easy to do, at least on American Airlines. Said I wouldn't do that when I had some shoes stolen out of my luggage, but decided to do it anyway. Took a Kimber Micro 9 to AZ and NM. That gun also carries very well.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27640 times
    IWB We The People holster with a Sig P365 and a 6 shot Charter Arms .22 magnum revolver in a pocket carry holster. A Glock 17 in my cars console.
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21143 times
    While the weather has been warm I’ve been pocket carrying my P365 with 2 extra mags. The Tactical 5.1 shorts I mentioned elsewhere.

I still keep an ATI FX 3.2” 1911 (45ACP) in my console and when on the road out of town a 357SIG pistol tags along somewhere in my truck.
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 09-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    BigBlue likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    27176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    While the weather has been warm I’ve been pocket carrying my P365 with 2 extra mags. The Tactical 5.1 shorts I mentioned elsewhere.

Heck its like owning a Million Dollar Diamond Ring, IF you got the best why not flaunt it?
    BigBlue likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27640 times
    Staying home today, unless my wife decides differently. G2C in my pocket and a HK45 on my desk.
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDWho View Post
    Body shape dictates method of carry. I've tried IWB and found it to be too much trouble to "gear up". The longer I stay in the carry game the lighter and smaller my weapon of choice becomes. Right now I'm carrying a Ruger LC9s Pro in either a kydex OWB which rides high, the bottom is even with the bottom of my belt. Very comfortable and handy. I also carry the same gun appendix in a "Sticky". It too works well for me.
    I just acquired a leather shoulder holster for my Taurus PT92. I've not used it yet, waiting for the opportune time. I have nylon shoulder holsters for nearly every handgun I own. I usually use those for walking in the woods or to town in cold weather.

I have a leather pancake OWB for my G2 that sees some use and a shoulder holster as well.

My other regular carry is a Taurus 85UL. I have a OWB pancake and a appendix sticky for it too
    My EDC is an S&W 638 which I'm perfectly happy with. It gets pocket carried.
    But I recently acquired a Taurus PT92 AFS which I'm totally enamored with. It's my first 9mm after over fifty years of firearm ownership. I bought it for a range gun but I plan to carry it when I go night fishing or woods bumming by myself down by the Mississippi.
    How do you like that shoulder holster?
    Any other recommendations for this particular firearm? I realize its size causes some limitations.

What kind of nylon shoulder holsters do you use????

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    I have a Walther PPS single stack that I carry in a Relentless Tactical IWB at the appendix position. Works well with my shirt worn untucked.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links