• 1 Post By DeltaBravoKS
  • 1 Post By daytonaredeye

Thread: A preview of Constitutional Carry Act of 2019

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times

A preview of Constitutional Carry Act of 2019

We currently have House Bill 2 in our state legislature - currently made it through the house.

I was taking a peek online to check on the status of the bill. I was particularly impressed with just the first 2 pages where the legislators are listing the logic behind “unhindered weapons carry”. I’ve attached this below. In particular, what I do like is that they recognize that a civil government is to protect - not make illegal - rights enumerated nd protected by the ?Founding Father’s. Also,they go to great lengths to attach the concept of evil acts TO THE PERSON - NOT ASSOCIATE EVIL WITH AN INANIMATE OBJECT!

Thoughts?

I’m going to periodically check back in on the status of this bill to see if I can document the steps associated with this maybe becoming law.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    754 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31482 times
    Awesome. Texas had a constitutional carry bill, not sure what's going on with that, whether it's in play still or if the dems stopped it.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Awesome. Texas had a constitutional carry bill, not sure what's going on with that, whether it's in play still or if the dems stopped it.
    Check on it. Just after the ‘18 elections, when we got our pro-gun Gov (Brian Kemp) the Bill was introduced (as you can tell by its low number (#2)). Kemp had publicly supported “Constitutional Carry” on his campaign; as expected, Stacy Abrams ran on an anti-gun campaign. Our previous governor, Nathan Deal, had not been as pro-gun and, in fact, vetoed the first Campus Carry bill that came across his desk about 5 years ago before finally signed the second version back in 2017.

So, in Kemp we have a pro-2A Governor and still a fairly strong 2A supporting state and US legislatures.

Also, our state gun lobby, GeorgiaCarry.org, does a good job of keeping 2A matters up to date on their website.

But you can definitely see what your state gun legislation is doing by checking on it.
    NativeTexan likes this.

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2790 times
    I assume the ACLU is squarely behind this move to restore civil liberties of GA citizens.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    It’s not a restorative act; it’s a protective act. I guess since we didn’t have “permitless carry” before i can see how it might be assumed to be restoring rights. But, really, the primary changes have to do with eliminating all language which previously described the rights you had and where you could carry with a permit. They’re not adding further restrictions to where you can carry without a permit either. If anything, they’re saying “the leadership of the state extends the trusts to its citizens the same trust they extend to vetted LEOs”.

And, I really don’t give a rat’s rectum what the ACLU thinks!
    NativeTexan likes this.

Sponsored Links