NRA "Gun Free Zones" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: NRA "Gun Free Zones"

Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    Well, it is the national RIFLE association. How many of those being asked to disarm are carrying concealed RIFLES?

Member #
    Liked
    3008 times
    SNAFU.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    5756 times
    You know, I went to the training center website and read all the info concerning the classes.

The rule is not targeted strictly at concealed carry or at NRA classes alone. The rule in question is set by the training center. In addition to what you quoted there is more to the sentence than you posted.....

2."Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room."

I think that sheds a different light on the subject.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18874 times
    I figured that given the range associated Negligent Discharge thread that many of us participated in here that it would be a given.

When I attended the NRA meeting in ATL last spring, we were allowed to carry while attending the show. President Trump came in and gave a keynote speech about 100 yards from where 100,000 people were carrying their guns.
    BigBlue likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    You know, I went to the training center website and read all the info concerning the classes.

The rule is not targeted strictly at concealed carry or at NRA classes alone. The rule in question is set by the training center. In addition to what you quoted there is more to the sentence than you posted.....

2."Please do not bring a “concealed carry” firearm into the training room. No ammunition or loaded firearms of any kind are permitted in the training room."

I think that sheds a different light on the subject.

Don
    I disagree with their policy and find it hypocritical. As the NRA has rightly preached, a holstered weapon, concealed or not, does not create a threat to anyone other than someone that creates a threat. I was very interested in the training, but I don't voluntarily place myself in gun free zones.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” – George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    145 times
    What every here seems to assume is because one has been vetted to carry a handgun he is competent with said handgun and responsible enough to carry said handgun. I have seen licensed carriers ordered off gun ranges because my first sentence proved wrong.

When we attended shoulder arms training at our police academy, handguns were left elsewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    7241 times
    We started out letting out students bring their firearms into the classroom but no live ammunition. We told our students when they signed up for the class and we posted signs on the entrance to the building and on the classroom doors that no live ammo was allowed in the classroom. We had to change our policy after only a few classes as it was almost a given that someone would have a loaded mag and a few had loaded firearms. Reasons given were "my husband loaded it for me because I can't load the mags or pull the slide back, my gun won't shoot without bullets or I know what I'm doing". Some of these have to show off their guns to the other classmates even after we tell them to keep their guns cased or holstered. When it comes to firearms it seems that ego's over ride common sense. We had to stop folks from having firearms in the classroom at all. I understand what BB is saying but safety and liability outweigh that for us. If they feel they have to break our rules we kindly ask them to leave.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    First, no area I enter other than the airport security is a gun free zone. That's why there is such a thing as discrete carry. Secondly, without the sign there will be no insurance. Without the insurance there will be no event. Your complaint is much larger than with the NRA. I'm a benefactor level member, too. If you can find a way to work out the liability, I'm sure they'll allow carry in their areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links