putting a sweat shield on leather iwb holster??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: putting a sweat shield on leather iwb holster??

Member #
    Liked
    282 times

putting a sweat shield on leather iwb holster??

Do any of you think it's needed to have a sweat shield on a iwb leather holster? I am on a very tight budget and found a pro carry hd holster on amazon for $19 free ship molded to my gun, i bought it. the one with sweat shield was $42 after shipping, i know most times the shield is only $10 more but for some reason amazon was running a special on the ones without. now i have carried the gun and hoster several times and it is a great holster but i keep thinking since i have pieces of leather lying around maybe i could put a sweat shield on it. i wear a tee shirt under my outside shirt year around but it still is on my mind if a sweat shield is needed. i only have basic tools and would have to cut it by hand and sew it by hand. just afraid i may mess it up and can't just get another holster right now, what do you all think. the gun sticks out of the holster at top exactly 1 inch. thanks for any help.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1607 times
    I personally do not like sweat shields. I also wear an undershirt under either a button up or sweat shirt and never had an issue not having one. I prefer a thinner holster especially if it is a IWB.
    Flash60601 and pegasus like this.

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    I, living in Florida, have never used a sweet shield and I have had no problems, because like you, I have another piece of clothing between my skin and the holster.

Just a taste of the candy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33536 times
    I think sweat shields are a matter of preference. I prefer a sweat shield for IWB carry. I don't wear T-shirts, so that may be the reason. I just find the holster more comfortable with the shield and no metal against my skin.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    32173 times
    Does anything dig into your side?
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Does anything dig into your side?
    no, nothing digs in, i carry the g2c. about 3/4 to 1 inch of the slide is above the holster. i wear a light tee shirt under my outer shirt.

Member #
    Liked
    1696 times
    I have carried both revolvers and several different semi-autos, almost ALWAYS IWB, and the only things that dug in were the spurs of the hammers. I bobbed the hammer of the Chief's Special to were I could just get a grip on it for SA if I wanted to shoot it that way, and it worked fine for years. Yes, it did get kind of less than perfect finish, but that was from living and working in a fairly moist environment all the time. Then, the CharterArms Undercover STAINLESS model came into my life, with its factory-bobbed no-snag hammer and low-profiled front sight - -Good bye, Chief.

The holster was a cheap $3.00 pick-up from a gunshow long ago, and I wish I still had it, but I made the mistake of leaving it where I should not have, and my favorite Yorkshire Terrier puppy found it first.

As to Semi-autos::::: Hammer-spurs and bigger-than-life rear sights made impressions that were not as favorable to the belly as they were to hand and eye.. When I found the KelTec P-11 with its own belt-clip, modest sights, and all internal workings, I fell in love. Matte-black stainless and black plastic - "no sweat". No bigger than the "J-Frame" but more than twice the capacity - what's not to love?

Sweat shield? We don't need no steenkin' sweat shield!

Flash
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1607 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    Do any of you think it's needed to have a sweat shield on a iwb leather holster? I am on a very tight budget and found a pro carry hd holster on amazon for $19 free ship molded to my gun, i bought it. the one with sweat shield was $42 after shipping, i know most times the shield is only $10 more but for some reason amazon was running a special on the ones without. now i have carried the gun and hoster several times and it is a great holster but i keep thinking since i have pieces of leather lying around maybe i could put a sweat shield on it. i wear a tee shirt under my outside shirt year around but it still is on my mind if a sweat shield is needed. i only have basic tools and would have to cut it by hand and sew it by hand. just afraid i may mess it up and can't just get another holster right now, what do you all think. the gun sticks out of the holster at top exactly 1 inch. thanks for any help.
    If I may ask what is your firearm?
    I have a box filled with holsters. May have one or two to fit your needs. Will send them your way. No charge.
    Last edited by Taurus1965; 01-19-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    If I may ask what is your firearm?
    I have a box filled with holsters. May have one or two to fit your needs. Will send them your way. No charge.
    i have a taurus g2c and a ruger security 9. i got the pro carry hd for the g2c and it didn't come with guard. the ruger fits the holster some but the muzzle sticks out the bottom.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1607 times
    Quote Originally Posted by old fart View Post
    i have a taurus g2c and a ruger security 9. i got the pro carry hd for the g2c and it didn't come with guard. the ruger fits the holster some but the muzzle sticks out the bottom.
    Going to check my box of goodies to see if i have anything that might work for the G2C . I know i have at least one OWB that will fit the G2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links