Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New pants and belt

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

New pants and belt

Howdy,
    In the last couple of years I have been trying out different concealment methods. To that end I really like IWB holsters but am having a problem with trying how much bigger my plant's waist size needs to go and along with the belt. If you have a 36 inch waist how much do you add for a snubby when using a leather/kydex hybrid holster? Probably a weak question but pants and good belts are not cheap.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    5626 times
    I can't speak for a snubby but I am a 36 waist. I usually car a 709 slim or a G2 9mm. I have even carried a 1911. On those guns, I wear my usual pants size. It snugs them up a bit but not uncomfortably. If I wore 38's they would be too big. A snubby might be wider though I'm not sure.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    4954 times
    On those rare occasions when I carry my S&W 642 snubby IWB I loosen my belt one hole (1.1 inches).
    Likewise when I carry my XD40 IWB in my CrossBreed holster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32299 times
    I only carry IWB on most Sundays, depending on whether I wear a jacket or not. I wear the same pants size as always, but let the belt out one hole. Same as stated above. It really isn't too complicated.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2385 times
    Web belts help for IWB (or owb)....unlimited adjustment.
    Pant's size?....my pants don't fit tight enough for that to be an issue. I'm kinda old school....I keep my britches loose.

Seriously, think about web belts... you can buy a 3 pack- black, tan, and green on amazon for about $12 shipped. Try them out. If they help?...then you can order one of those more expensive klick belts- whether leather, cotton, or synthetic.

I used to struggle with belts fitting just right with this gun or that one. It was either too tight or too lose- up a hole or down a hole.....tried a web belt- no more problems.

Member #
    Liked
    4791 times
    For years I have worn a military style canvas web belt with the brass adjustable buckle (I actually still have a few buckles from my USCG days). Very convenient and infinitely adjustable. I wear them for work as I cannot carry while working. You can get the webbing for cheap at any military surplus store - extra long and cut to length with a metal clasp at the non-buckle end. When I carry its a Kore Essentials Trakline ratchet type belt. Great for carry purposes, best gun belt I have ever owned. I have two in leather that I wear regularly and Santa has promised me a new one this year in the woven nylon. I carry with a Paul Vitigliano custom black leather OWB belt clip holster for both the G2 and Ruger LCPII.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46227 times
    Get a cloth taper measure. Place gun in holster. Measure waist with gun in position you plan on wearing it. This will give you a new waist measurement to go by. Of course not all clothes are created equal. Depending on brand I wear my waist size or 1 size bigger.

Now I must thank you for this thread. I wear a specific brand of cargo shorts that are becoming hard to find. You thread title triggered me to do an online search. I scored 5 pair of cargo shorts on the way in 3 different colors at what I would consider an affordable price. I should be set for many years to come now to the dismay of many critics that don't like the fact that I have been wearing one style of Cargo Shorts now for 19 years. Hey I like them, and the fit my needs. I have a place for everything and it is in the same place every day.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    10388 times
    What I have found is if you can wear a 36" pair of pants, and still breathe, going to a relaxed fit in the same size will work as long as the weapon you are carrying is not too big. Go to any number of websites on how to measure yourself for a gun belt. If you have a belt you use now, measure from the belt buckle to the hole that you most often use when carrying. That is the length to the middle hole on the gun belt you should order. Typically, a gun belt is 3-5" longer that your britches size, so a 36" waist should be about a 40" gun belt, give or take an inch.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    6164 times
    I just wear my regular pants (size 34). I use a pancake holster for OWB. It really hold the gun closer than my IWB holsters.

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    3478 times
    I've always had the issue of belly with no butt. Suspenders work rather well for me, with my normal pant size. Otherwise, if I reach for something or start tossing skinny little fellas above my head, my pants will be around my ankles.
    brojohn and Fishinkeylargo like this.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links