New pants and belt - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New pants and belt

Member #
    Liked
    2367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YOT View Post
    .....I've always had the issue of belly with no butt....
    You are not alone.

Way back when I went through basic......they called me "gone-ass".
    slong115, YOT and GreenWolf70 like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HUD View Post
    Howdy,
    In the last couple of years I have been trying out different concealment methods. To that end I really like IWB holsters but am having a problem with trying how much bigger my plant's waist size needs to go and along with the belt. If you have a 36 inch waist how much do you add for a snubby when using a leather/kydex hybrid holster? Probably a weak question but pants and good belts are not cheap.

Thanks
    I always bought 38s. Without a gun in the waistband, they'd fall off. But, I don't really care for IWB and mostly carry OWB now days and I've lost 25 lbs and started buying 36s now. If there's elastic in the waist it sure helps, too. The latest Wrangler cargoes are being made with the elastic waistband.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    499 times
    Finding pants that fit and feel good do not feel as good once you get a hog leg tucked in. Adjustable slack or pants that you feel are a little to big and would not really want to wear without a belt. I use an OWB high ride belt holster on pants that don't have the room for IWB. I have as may holsters as I do shoes, boots, belts... I can ccw drees to my needs. I don't even think much about it anymore. I just know what works for me.. Just like what shirt to wear with what pants I know what gun and holster goes with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I only carry IWB on most Sundays, depending on whether I wear a jacket or not. I wear the same pants size as always, but let the belt out one hole. Same as stated above. It really isn't too complicated.
    Smoke, you put a belt up in a post some time ago, fabric nylon military type. I got me one and I love that thing! The buckle just cinches up however tight you need it and the belt is quite stiff, stiffer than any leather. It never stretches and never needs a new hole. It's awesome for carry. I don't wear it to church, but wear it everywhere else. I think it cost a whole 25 bucks.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    2367 times
    What belt is that???........

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    30466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    What belt is that???........
    I cannot find the link or Smoke's original post. I remember Smoke posting it was hard to get the buckle through the belt loops in the pants, but I just remove said buckle when putting the belt on, shove the piece the buckle attaches to through the loop with the belt. Works for me.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 12-04-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I have that medical condition known as "noassatall." I gave up on standard buckle belts years ago. One notch was too loose; the next too tight. Perry side-clip suspenders helped but then I preferred to wear a jacket or coat over top of them just because I didn't care for the look. But a cover garment often gets too warm. I tried the canvas military-style belt but found that after a while the friction roller lost its grip and the belt would loosen. Finally I tried a nylon belt from 5.11 Tactical that works well. The buckle has a friction bar that you loop the end of the belt over and around. I've had belts like that before and found the belt usually slips. What makes this different is that the end of the belt has Velcro on the underside that attaches to a mating patch on the belt underneath. Infinitely adjustable and it Does. Not. Slip.

Got the first belt in 1-1/2" width. Liked it so much I got a second 1-3/4" wide which has an additional internal stiffener. I've been wearing both for quite a few years and can say they wear like iron. Both the nylon and the Velcro work as well today as when they were new. I've bought heavyweight leather gun belts that did not hold up as well as these.

All this said, IWB or OWB has never worked for me and I have a drawer full of holsters to prove it. Right now I'm sitting in a wooden kitchen chair with arms and wearing any belt holster requires me to thread myself into and out of the chair. And even then the holster drags on the arm. In a car a holster covers up the seatbelt latch. Walking around it bangs into objects as I pass by. Finally it digs in to places that don't like to be dug in to.

But the upside to all of this is that I now have a couple belts that are really good at holding up my pants even with the additional weight of a gun in a pocket holster on one side and some spare ammo on the other.
    Last edited by MidniteTweeker; 12-15-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links