Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change

Member #
    Liked
    3237 times

Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change

Various anti gun groups allegedly spent millions on the campaign of the Democratic candidate so she could win the election of the Department of Agriculture, the agency that overseas CC licensing in Florida. She claims to be a concealed carry permit holder herself, but then a lot of anti gunners have CC permits or licenses, including Sen. Feinstein. (the attitude of "guns for me but not for thee) I thought the Legislature made policy and the laws? The only thing I could find on the news was her promise to reform the system, make sure background checks are done on applicants, and not be beholden to Marion Hammer and the NRA.

When I asked someone I know who lives in Florida about the department of ag position, the answer I got from her was "I voted for her because she's a woman, and if it's between a man or a woman I try to vote for the woman running." Her campaign even admits her being a woman was a factor in her winning when other Democrats lost statewide.

Can anyone from Florida give him insight/information on what that means to CC holders in Florida going forward?
    Last edited by pegasus; 11-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    19037 times
    As far as I know she can't change any laws. I see her as just another dem. towing the line. To me that means she will run the CC licensing just as the dems run the voting in Broward/Palm Bch. counties.
    misPhyr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    As far as I know she can't change any laws. I see her as just another dem. towing the line. To me that means she will run the CC licensing just as the dems run the voting in Broward/Palm Bch. counties.

It just seems suspicious to me that anti gun people and groups would spend a lot of money for a position unless they thought they were going to get something in return for it in some way.
    Last edited by pegasus; 11-18-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    slong115 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19037 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post

It just seems suspicious to me that anti gun people and groups would spend a lot of money for a position unless they thought they were going to get something in return for it in some way.
    I agree but I don't know what the pay out would be. Other than as I stated. Just another dem mismanaging things. I don't know the exact time but I think the Ag dept. has it down to less than 30 days now to issue a carry license. Just think if that became 6 months. Like I said, just another dem and more mismanagement. Maybe someone that has more knowledge of the situation will come along and edumacate me on it.

Member #
    Liked
    29224 times
    That position is only to insure Florida laws/polices set by the legislature are followed by the civil servants that work there.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    4361 times
    Her job is to provide service to the citizens of Florida, not make law. She might try policies that would infringe on weapons rights but I think there are enough people in the Ag department friendly to those rights that anything detrimental would be quickly reported. It was a close race and the Dems mindlessly poured their money into it without knowing if they would get any political advantage.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    3612 times
    She does not make law or policy, she is the equivalent of a county clerk at the state level...

Not sure how the issuance of concealed carry permits fits into the scheme of things other than through the Division of Licensing...
    Division of Licensing

The Division of Licensing administers Florida’s concealed weapon licensing program and oversees Florida’s private investigative, private security and recovery services industries. The division’s regulatory oversight of private investigative, private security and recovery services includes licensing, enforcing compliance standards, and ensuring public protection from unethical business practices and unlicensed activity.

department is largely referred to by agriculture portion of name, the vast majority of FDACS is dedicated to consumer regulation and the protection of goods to market
    Let slip the dogs of War...
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    It just so happens my appointment to renew my license for another seven years is on Monday, Nov 26th.

As long as Liberal/leftist South Florida can be kept from gaining overwhelming numbers in the state legislature, I'm not too worried.
    MOONDAWG likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, AMVETS, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Member #
    Liked
    1837 times
    No idea specifically, but in general, heads of regulatory departments have tremendous latitude when it comes to regulation, and carrying out their duties. They can put up all kinds of roadblocks and add new regulations that were never intended, yet are nonetheless within their regulatory authority.
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    No idea specifically, but in general, heads of regulatory departments have tremendous latitude when it comes to regulation, and carrying out their duties. They can put up all kinds of roadblocks and add new regulations that were never intended, yet are nonetheless within their regulatory authority.
    This ^^^. And let's not forget that Brenda Snipes didn't make the laws regarding voting in Broward County . . . .

As head of FL Dept of Ag, Nikki Fried wouldn't make the LAWS regarding concealed carry licensing, but she WOULD manage the bureaucracy that administers the program.

Shift a few workers here and there, hire a few incompetent supporters to run some divisions, let some software go stale, put a few like-minded fellow travelers in key positions -- all of a sudden what has been a fairly smooth and steadily-improving customer-friendly process gets clunky and delayed, with backlog, lost applications, requests for re-submission, etc., etc., etc.

It's not as if she's going to face any consequences for stalling gun owners or being incompetent.

Initially she was behind her opponent (Caldwell), but wound up ahead after the post-polling surge in votes from Broward county 'found' ballots with votes that put her ahead. Then Broward's machine recount resulted in gains for Caldwell, but -- 'Oopsie!' -- the machine recounts were submitted two minutes late, and so the original vote county stood.

Then of course, the hand recount had a couple of thousand missing -- 'They are in the building somewhere' -- ballots.

She's from Broward, and plays on the legacy of the MSD shooting, got plenty of support from Bloomberg, Moms Demand Action, and the marijuana industry. Maybe she'll be fair to gun owners and permit holders, but I'm glad mine was renewed just last year.
    darbo and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links