Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change

Member #
    Liked
    5952 times
    There is a reason why one must have a background check even if you have a Florida concealed weapons permit to buy a firearm. It is the same reason why you cannot use a Florida concealed weapons permit as identification.

Florida does not show a concealed weapons permit holders address on the concealed weapons permit anywhere. If a Firearms permit is lost or stolen there is no way the person who finds it or steals it will know where the permit holder lives and therefore cannot go there looking for firearms to steal.

Florida offers its concealed weapons permit to anyone in the United States. Florida legislature has interpreted the natural right to defend themselves to everyone and not just Florida residents. Because of this the permit is available to anyone. Now, as Florida allows private citizens to buy or sell firearms between themselves with the stipulation that buyers be residents of Florida, you do not know if a person with a permit is a legal resident or not. Just because somebody says I'd like to buy your gun I have a Florida permit it does not mean it's legal to sell them one. It's also why Florida law states that if one carries a concealed weapons permit they must also carry acceptable picture ID as well. Florida concealed weapons permits are not acceptable as legal identification

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 12-02-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Saw this story this morning about moving it to FDLE. Isn't FDLE who our background checks go through instead of NICS system?
    Yes our background checks go through FDLE. That is one reason why some states, like Wisconsin, don't honor our permit. WI law requires background checks to go through NICS. Now it is my understanding that in mid 2014 Florida was going to start running background checks through both FDLE and NICS. This was all explained to me via email from both WI and FL attorney generals offices at the time I was inquiring.
    darbo and Ickthus like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    4543 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Yes our background checks go through FDLE. That is one reason why some states, like Wisconsin, don't honor our permit. WI law requires background checks to go through NICS. Now it is my understanding that in mid 2014 Florida was going to start running background checks through both FDLE and NICS. This was all explained to me via email from both WI and FL attorney generals offices at the time I was inquiring.
    2014? Do you know what happened?
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    2014? Do you know what happened?
    About a year after my initial contact I again contacted WI and was told that they still had no agreement with FL and would no elaborate on why. Never contacted FL about it so I don't know if they actually started also checking NICS or not.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    My concealed weapons license is valid through Jan. 2025. I renewed about a year ago.

What the country need is reciprocity across all 50 states. The politicians have let it languish again -- so it probably won't be any action.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../house-bill/38

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19875 times
    This is an example of what a GWCL looks like. It comes laminated with all personal demographic info alongside your photo on the front just like your Driver’s License. That’s why it is considered a form of Gov’t photo ID. But, Ga, while reciprocating with many other states, does not offer non resident permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by daytonaredeye; 12-04-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links