Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change

Member #
    Liked
    600 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    The question that comes to my mind, however, is what bureaucrat enforces those fines? If it is this new Sec'y of Ag., she can choose not to enforce the law. THAT is the power an elected official, but often that same power rests in unelected bureaucrats too.
    Sec'y of Ag enforces policy not law. Although enforcing those does come with limited powers of law enforcement. They over step or break state gun laws, the State AG office and or senate oversight would rain down. Setting up the governor to step in. The most I can see is being able to slow down the process of getting your ccw by limiting assets processing or going on a witch hunt to revoke permits. It will be a short run in office as FL has shown in the past they don't play these games. It's why and how the fines got put in place. The first bill was past to make it where the liberal cities could not go against state gun laws. They did it anyway knowing it would be kicked out of court. But by that time you were disarmed and harassed so they got what they wanted by way of you waiting to be dismissed. The second bill added the fines and the reindeer games stopped. I would not put anything past them but its just that the "State"of Florida has just done a really good job of not letting liberal city holdouts get away with much at state levels. After living on the space coast for five years I saw first hand how night and day city and county gov. can be. Scary stuff in the sunshine state. Stay out of the big city and it's a great State. lol

Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    There is now an attempt to move the licensing division to either the FDLE (cops) or put it under the authority of the Florida Chief Financial Officer.
    Fried supports this move.
    What can she really do?
    Close the offices Putnam opened at Tax Collector locations.
    Make the background checks go slower. There was a problem with the background checks under Putnam ans it may have contributed to his losing for Governor.

Let's see what happens

AFS
    darbo likes this.
    There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18887 times
    Or, even easier here in Kansas, you just stick your gun in your pocket and walk out the door. No need to beg the king/sovereign/bureaucrat for permission.

(Of course we had to beg the legislature and wait for a right minded Governor to eliminate the laws that violated our constitution.)
    Hey, I’m all for “Constitutional Carry” - hope we’ll get it in Ga eventually. But, what do you do when you visit other states? My GWCL May cost me $80 every 5 years but it is good in about 35-40 other states and allows me to bypass all the NICS/background checks when I buy a firearm. So, even if Ga ever passes Constitutional Carry, I’ll still pursue my GWCL.
    230JHP likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Hey, I’m all for “Constitutional Carry” - hope we’ll get it in Ga eventually. But, what do you do when you visit other states? My GWCL May cost me $80 every 5 years but it is good in about 35-40 other states and allows me to bypass all the NICS/background checks when I buy a firearm. So, even if Ga ever passes Constitutional Carry, I’ll still pursue my GWCL.
    Good question. I've recently learned that our neighbor Oklahoma allows us to carry there as well, although they require their own citizens to get a permit (go figure). However, I don't carry here in Kansas, so I don't see the need to carry in any other states either. I do have some friends however, who do want to carry in other states. Kansas does still have a license, so you can get one and it does reciprocate in many other states. So, if you do want permission in those other states, you must beg our king/sovereign/bureaucrat for a Kansas license so you can show it to the nannies in the other states.

Member #
    Liked
    600 times
    Well it may be like I'm doing here in MS. We have have constitutional carry as long as its in a holster. Open or ccw it has tobe in one unless, you get one of two types of ccw permits. CCW or enhanced CCW . CCW gives you carry without holster and recip with other states. Enhanced CCW gives you most all off limit carry places like Bars, gov. buildings ( less courtrooms, LE office or meetings) see the list. Some reciprocity state only take the enhanced. I kept my FL ccw when I moved. It is now non residence ccw but until it runs out I'm covered in the other states I travel. I'll get a MS at some point. It's just you have to use one of a small few "approved" class room instructors to get paperwork for "enhanced " permit. After 40+ years of hunting and competitive shooting I could teach the class they want to charge me $200+ to take? I think they can pound a little sand.

Member #
    Liked
    19177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    There is now an attempt to move the licensing division to either the FDLE (cops) or put it under the authority of the Florida Chief Financial Officer.
    Fried supports this move.
    What can she really do?
    Close the offices Putnam opened at Tax Collector locations.
    Make the background checks go slower. There was a problem with the background checks under Putnam ans it may have contributed to his losing for Governor.

Let's see what happens

AFS
    Saw this story this morning about moving it to FDLE. Isn't FDLE who our background checks go through instead of NICS system?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18887 times
    Good question. I've recently learned that our neighbor Oklahoma allows us to carry there as well, although they require their own citizens to get a permit (go figure). However, I don't carry here in Kansas, so I don't see the need to carry in any other states either. I do have some friends however, who do want to carry in other states. Kansas does still have a license, so you can get one and it does reciprocate in many other states. So, if you do want permission in those other states, you must beg our king/sovereign/bureaucrat for a Kansas license so you can show it to the nannies in the other states.
    When you say “beg” for permission are you being sarcastic? Is KS not a “Shall Issue” State (vs a “May Issue” State where you have to show just cause to carry)? And I know many “Shall Issue” states have differences. Quick example: Louisiana - you may Open carry without a permit (no matter what state you’re from) but you need to take a carry class and obtain a “permit” to conceal carry. In Ga. we have no class requirements but your GWCL allows OC or CC - your choice and, as noted, reciprocates widely.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18887 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Florida has passed laws fining cities $500,000 a day for posting or enforcing any gun laws or restrictions contrary to State laws. The State will also fine any official $5,000 a day from their personal bank account for doing the same. So I think there's not much worry but keep an eye open.
    This is a “Pre-Exemption Law”. We have one in Ga at the state level which prohibits municipalities and townships from enacting any firearm laws more restrictive than what is allowed at the state level.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    When you say “beg” for permission are you being sarcastic? Is KS not a “Shall Issue” State (vs a “May Issue” State where you have to show just cause to carry)? And I know many “Shall Issue” states have differences. Quick example: Louisiana - you may Open carry without a permit (no matter what state you’re from) but you need to take a carry class and obtain a “permit” to conceal carry. In Ga. we have no class requirements but your GWCL allows OC or CC - your choice and, as noted, reciprocates widely.
    Yes, Kansas is a "shall issue" state, but you still have to beg the Bureaucrats for permission. You have to take a class, fill out paperwork, get fingerprinted, etc. "Beg" may not be your choice of words, but that's what it really is. You are begging the sovereign for what is already rightfully yours. If you don't beg properly, you don't get what you want. Sure it is "shall issue" but if you don't follow the procedure, "no soup for you"!

We are also allowed to both open carry and conceal carry without a license or any government permission. The license gives you reciprocating privileges, likely similar to your GA license.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18887 times
    Oh well, guess we’ll have to agree to disagree for now. If you don’t pursue your permit in Ga, and want to carry, you’re just lazy. Like I said, no classes or qualifications required - if you’re legal to own a firearm you are legal to carry. And the biggest time saver is that you cut 15-20 minutes off every firearm purchase.

And, the GWCL qualifies as a legal government issued photo ID.
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links