Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Question for Floridians related to head of department of agriculture change

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2353 times
    It's sad that y'all in Fla. have to get permission from the state to carry a weapon. We used to be that way here in KS, but thanks to a conservative Governor who was absolutely hated by the media, unconstitutional limits on our rights were legislated away. Of course, its only a matter of time before a liberal legislature and a liberal governor re-institute those unconstitutional limits.

Member #
    Liked
    4558 times
    Matt Caldwell has conceded, so we now will see if it's "Tricky Nikki".
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    19458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    Matt Caldwell has conceded, so we now will see if it's "Tricky Nikki".

Another wrench in the gears. I hate to think what 2020 will bring.
    bobbojama likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6898 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    It's sad that y'all in Fla. have to get permission from the state to carry a weapon. We used to be that way here in KS, but thanks to a conservative Governor who was absolutely hated by the media, unconstitutional limits on our rights were legislated away. Of course, its only a matter of time before a liberal legislature and a liberal governor re-institute those unconstitutional limits.
    There's a lot of sad things about Florida, but we try to keep them from getting elected.
    DeltaBravoKS and darbo like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    I really wish y'all would quit sending all your unwanted idiots to Florida. Trust me, we have enough.
    darbo, rodfair and FLShutterbug like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyAU View Post
    I really wish y'all would quit sending all your unwanted idiots to Florida. Trust me, we have enough.
    Hey, I was just there for a couple of weeks, but I left! I did leave behind some sales tax dollars, and some hotel tax dollars. Please spend them wisely!

Member #
    Liked
    734 times
    Florida has passed laws fining cities $500,000 a day for posting or enforcing any gun laws or restrictions contrary to State laws. The State will also fine any official $5,000 a day from their personal bank account for doing the same. So I think there's not much worry but keep an eye open.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    hey folks, this is willie, down on the Gulf of Mexico...

i'll give you an example of a civil servant that can fubar a taxpayer's experience:

15 years ago i went to the FL DMV to get a drivers license after moving here from a liberal-infested enclave just outside Washington DC... the clerk asked if i wanted to register to vote and i said OK... i then told the clerk i didn't want to register Republican or Democrat but Independent... got my drivers license and left...

two weeks later i received my voter registration card in the mail...

i was registered as 'IDF' - Independent Democrat of Florida

that said, the task of getting my CWL here was pretty straightforward... went to the county clerk's office, walked into the pertinent office, answered a few questions on a PC with a mouse, had my finger prints scanned and a picture taken, then gave the clerk a copy of my DD-214 and a check...

got my CWL in the mail six calendar (not business) days later

of course, this was harder than when i lived in Indiana back in the mid-80s... then all you have to do was walk in to the county office, give a right thumb print and a check for $15 and you walked out with a full-carry license in 10 minutes

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Florida has passed laws fining cities $500,000 a day for posting or enforcing any gun laws or restrictions contrary to State laws. The State will also fine any official $5,000 a day from their personal bank account for doing the same. So I think there's not much worry but keep an eye open.
    The question that comes to my mind, however, is what bureaucrat enforces those fines? If it is this new Sec'y of Ag., she can choose not to enforce the law. THAT is the power an elected official, but often that same power rests in unelected bureaucrats too.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2353 times
    Quote Originally Posted by linux_author View Post
    hey folks, this is willie, down on the Gulf of Mexico...

i'll give you an example of a civil servant that can fubar a taxpayer's experience:

15 years ago i went to the FL DMV to get a drivers license after moving here from a liberal-infested enclave just outside Washington DC... the clerk asked if i wanted to register to vote and i said OK... i then told the clerk i didn't want to register Republican or Democrat but Independent... got my drivers license and left...

two weeks later i received my voter registration card in the mail...

i was registered as 'IDF' - Independent Democrat of Florida

that said, the task of getting my CWL here was pretty straightforward... went to the county clerk's office, walked into the pertinent office, answered a few questions on a PC with a mouse, had my finger prints scanned and a picture taken, then gave the clerk a copy of my DD-214 and a check...

got my CWL in the mail six calendar (not business) days later

of course, this was harder than when i lived in Indiana back in the mid-80s... then all you have to do was walk in to the county office, give a right thumb print and a check for $15 and you walked out with a full-carry license in 10 minutes

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico
    Or, even easier here in Kansas, you just stick your gun in your pocket and walk out the door. No need to beg the king/sovereign/bureaucrat for permission.

(Of course we had to beg the legislature and wait for a right minded Governor to eliminate the laws that violated our constitution.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links