Analogy about the possible effectiveness of CC in a mass shooting situation - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Analogy about the possible effectiveness of CC in a mass shooting situation

Member #
    Liked
    1121 times
    Yes, a concealed carry would be effective against a mass shooter. Mass shooters usually shoot places where they know there is little to no resistance. A person responding to an incident immediately will throw them off. Make your shots count, if you don't more than likely the shooter will become more erratic and dangerous. However, during the first few moments you will have the advantage of surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I am afraid that I clouded the issue. The question here is whether or not a concealed carry is effective in a mass shooting...crowded venue.
    Czechbikr and pegasus like this.
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

Member #
    Liked
    3236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian845 View Post
    Yes, a concealed carry would be effective against a mass shooter. Mass shooters usually shoot places where they know there is little to no resistance. A person responding to an incident immediately will throw them off. Make your shots count, if you don't more than likely the shooter will become more erratic and dangerous. However, during the first few moments you will have the advantage of surprise.

Like Sen. Rand Paul allegedly said,

Disturbed shooters “aren’t so disturbed that they’re going to shoot up the sheriff’s office. They’re showing up where there is no self-defense.” Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
    Czechbikr, ETF and slong115 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Sometimes you hear ant gunners claim that concealed carry or armed security is not an answer, that it might not work against a mass shooter. I remembered something that my father (co pilot) once told me about his WW2 experiences that might be relevant, an analogy I guess. One day he had a non army passenger on his plane, and the passenger was told they might have to abandon the plane in an emergency, and what the emergency procedures were. An emergency landing was simply not possible due to the terrain below. You stay in the plane you die, simple as that. The guy had never jumped before, and asked if they could ensure that the parachute would open properly and that he would land safely. The pilot replied, "Ensure? no. But you're always free to jump without one and take your chances."
    Anti gunners can claim all they want. Cold hard statistics support CC's being 95% effective in active shooter events. Look it up at concealedcarry.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Czechbikr and Brian845 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1121 times
    Or a gun store
    Quote Originally Posted by steelhauler34 View Post
    Anti gunners can claim all they want. Cold hard statistics support CC's being 95% effective in active shooter events. Look it up at concealedcarry.com

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I will never give in to something that goes against my beliefs. I will die before I fold, because if you can't keep true to yourself what's the point of being a man.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links