Taurus Firearm Forum banner

ILLinois Concealed Carry Renewal

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  daytonaredeye 
#1 ·
It was brought to my attention recently that included in the original law is the requirement to "re-certify" in order to renew. This requires a three hour course with the first two on updates (read successful attempts by the gun grabbers) and the same live fire exercise as the original...

Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police.

So in addition to the $153.00 renewal fee, the highest in the nation, the applicant (supplicant) must pay for a three hour class and spend the time to do so.

Mine expires in April 2019 and we are on the cusp of moving from this hellhole, but not sure if it happens by next Spring. I thought that it might pay to get it while still here and have the ability to carry after I move, but nooo...the state revokes ILLinois resident carry permits once a driver's license is issued in another state....ie the state of permanent residence.

Bottom line...if I don't get my rear in gear I will be forking out 200 bucks for a few months of being able to utilize my constitutional rights.
:mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
I could go on and on about IL. and how its carry laws keep some of the people that need that ability most from doing so simply because it costs so much.

That's a difficult decision you have to make. Any chance you can push the move date up a little?

I just had to renew my FL. permit. I was going to do it online but found that I had neglected to update my address with them. As a consequence I did not get the letter notifying me to renew and that letter had some code in it I needed to renew online. My mistake.

So I stopped in to the county gov't complex the other day to renew there. Twenty minutes and $57 later I was handed a new card with new photo, good thing after losing 45lbs, and now I'm good until 2025!

Run don't walk away from IL!

#3 ·
I could go on and on about IL. and how its carry laws keep some of the people that need that ability most from doing so simply because it costs so much.

That's a difficult decision you have to make. Any chance you can push the move date up a little?

I just had to renew my FL. permit. I was going to do it online but found that I had neglected to update my address with them. As a consequence I did not get the letter notifying me to renew and that letter had some code in it I needed to renew online. My mistake.

So I stopped in to the county gov't complex the other day to renew there. Twenty minutes and $57 later I was handed a new card with new photo, good thing after losing 45lbs, and now I'm good until 2025!

Run don't walk away from IL!

It's not only the carry laws. The citizens of Chicago have no place to get training, get licensed, purchase a firearm or train with one as there are no gun shops or ranges in the city. A person has to travel 25-35 minutes to get to the closest place and of course, if they use public transportation they are prohibited from carrying/transporting a firearm on that conveyance.

The Democrats who control the city have those people imprisoned in a killing zone.

Friday 5/25
2:45p 7800 S Evans, Grand Crossing, M/38
5:00p 200 E 119th, West Pullman, M/31
5:55p 1100 N Milwaukee, West Town, M/20
11:35p 9100 S Aberdeen, Washington Heights, M/36
11:35p 9100 S Aberdeen, Washington Heights, M/46
Saturday 5/26
1:25a 2300 W 70th, Chicago Lawn, M/?
3:00a 5200 W Ohio, Austin, M/?
5:20a 6100 W Grace, Dunning, M/42
6:55a 5900 S Calumet, Washington Park, M/38
1:30p 11400 S Normal, Roseland, M/30
6:00p 300 W 113th, Roseland, M/23
6:25p 4500 W West End, Garfield Park, F/?
8:40p 5800 S Indiana, Washington Park, M/18
8:40p 5800 S Indiana, Washington Park, F/18
8:40p 5800 S Indiana, Washington Park, M/19
8:40p 800 W 76th, Auburn Gresham, F/20
9:05p 825 E 49th, Kenwood, F/18
9:35p 10 S Clinton, Near West Side, M/27

Stats taken from the website ..."Hey Jackass.com"

#6 ·
They lowered the application fee and the renewal fee last year. I renewed online with no range requal (though our security teams are required by the company we work for to requal once a year.

Hope you can move to Free America soon!

#7 ·
Illinois is as bad as Kalifornia in most ways and, unfortunately, worse in a couple of ways too. I feel for you, having gun grabbers in the state legislature.

I don't mean to rub your nose in it, but in other states like Texas, you take the class one time, take a class test and a shooting test, then you're done with class time and qualifying - you just pay $40 for your renewal every 5 years. And, we're trying to get it where constitutional carry is possible now. Your elected representatives in Springfield need a field trip or two to see how this stuff is supposed to work.

#15 ·
No nose rubbing here either but Ga has no requirements for classroom training or qualifications. You may not be able to hit the ground at point blank range but, BY GOD, if yez legal to own a gun then you’re good to go! And we have a fairly good Reciprocity pattern to places I’d commonly want to visit as well.

Reactions: Czechbikr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.