Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed - Over ride
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times

Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed - Over ride

(AP) Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen for the second year in a row has vetoed a bill to allow Tennessee handgun permit holders to bring their weapons into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.
    The Democratic governor said in a letter to Republican Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey of Blountville that he based his decision on the principle that "guns and alcohol don't mix."
    Bredesen vetoed a similar measure last year, flanked by law enforcement officers and prosecutors who opposed the bill, but he was easily overridden by the Legislature. It only takes a simple majority in both chambers to turn back a veto.
    The law was later declared unconstitutionally vague, so lawmakers this year passed a new version.

Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Re: Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed

Are there enough votes to overturn this veto?

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Democrat governor in Tennessee???

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35 times

He's right, guns and alcohol definitely do not mix.

Member #
    Liked
    285 times

Our permits say right on the front : Invalid when using or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs . I think that would cover it as we can carry in Bars but you better not be drinking !!
    NRA member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8348 times

He's a dick head and it will probably be overturned.

The Nashville Chief of police just took a job in N.O,. Good place for him because he vary seldom followed the law unsolved murders went up and gangs run rampant. Good riddance chief Serpa!
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    152 times

Legislature overroad his veto last year, but courts determined the law was too vague to be constitutional. This years legislation tightened the language, and he stands a good chance to being overridden again.

HCP holder may not drink and carry, and establishments have the option to bar guns by posting at the entrance.

Irony is bars are already full of guns carried by unliscensed people who are drinking.
    Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times

Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever
    He's a dick head and it will probably be overturned.

The Nashville Chief of police just took a job in N.O,. Good place for him because he vary seldom followed the law unsolved murders went up and gangs run rampant. Good riddance chief Serpa!
    Not only Nashville I spent two weeks in Knoxville waiting for our Apt to be ready to move into, and after sundown you would not believe the gangbangers walking the streets, I felt like we were back in FL, I did"nt even know there were gangs in TN until then.
    Fill your hand you S.O.B. John wayne... true grit

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Quigar17
    Democrat governor in Tennessee???
    Carpetbagger.

Quote Originally Posted by godgunsanddogs
    I felt like we were back in FL, I did"nt even know there were gangs in TN until then.
    They are everywhere. Mostly Mexican and Central American based (MS-13, etc.) You can occasionally see gang graffitti on signs in the National Forest and Smokies.

TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency) should have them declared "Varmints", and establish a no-bag-limit, year-long season. Give them hill boys something to hunt, between turkey and deer season.
    Desperately clinging to guns and religion....mostly guns.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world."
    — Daniel Webster

Member #
    Liked
    1153 times

I hope this veto in TN does not influence a similar bill in Ohio.
    CHL Holder
    NRA Member

"'I've got a touch of hangover, bureaucrat. Don't push me." - George Washington McClintock (1963) John Wayne

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links