Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed - Over ride - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed

Quote from: Iashoot on May 18, 2010, 1026 PM
    Our permits say right on the front : Invalid when using or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs . I think that would cover it as we can carry in Bars but you better not be drinking !!
    Tn permits do not have anything of that nature on them.
    Citizen & Proud member of TFA, NRA & U.S. of A., GOA & too many others to list.

Weapons owned too damn to list.

Member #
    Liked
    152 times

Re: Tennessee Carry Bill Vetoed - Over ride

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The state Senate has voted 22-10 to once again override the governor's veto of a bill to allow handgun carry permit holders to bring weapons into bars and alcohol-serving restaurants.
    Democratic Gov. Phil Bredesen last week vetoed the guns bill sponsored by Democratic Sen. Doug Jackson of Dickson on the basis that "guns and alcohol don't mix." The House had passed the bill on a 66-31 vote, while the Senate approved it by a 23-9 margin.
    The measure would apply to the state's 270,000 handgun carry permit holders. Bar and restaurant owners would maintain the power to ban all weapons from their establishments.

My understanding is that the courts ruled last year that the bill was too vague because of the language that attempted to distinguish between bars and resturants which serve alcohol.

The corrective bill this year removed all such language, so carrying will be permitted in any establishment which serves alcohol.
    Establishments wishing to opt out must post notice on doors.
    Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8353 times

They say it will be a breeze in the House to. And your right they Took out the restaurant part and put in anyplace that serve booze I think that will stick it to Bredesen real good.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    806 times

Here in Kentucky you can go into a restaurant that has a bar but can't sit at the bar. You best not drink either. Here you are considered drunk with a handgun if you fail the same test as a driver would have to take witch is .08 on a breathalyzer. I for one when I pop the cap off a beer or pour a drink my gun is put away and locked up. Just not a good mix guns and booze at all.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Member #
    Liked
    152 times

Good advice Joe.

As I read this bill, and the HCP law in Tennessee, there is a zero tolerance policy, but I'm no lawyer.

My understanding, if you show any signs of consumption and carry, your HGP goes by-by, and you are legally liable.

I agree guns and booze don't mix, and I trust HCP holders to understand that!
    Notice: This communication monitored by the NSA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links