Wisconsin CCW?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin CCW?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wisconsin CCW?

I am a former cheesehead now living in FL for the past 5 years. One thing that has always baffled me was why WI doesn't issue ccw permits. Hunting and shooting was always a chunk of my childhood along with many others. You would think that a state that rich in gun culture would be more open to that sort of thing, but then again Madison (the capitol) is uber-liberal. Any other Wisconsinites or former ones like to chime in on this?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Re: Wisconsin CCW?

Well, I'm a neighbor so to speak and will freely admit that I will strongly attempt to avoid spending any of my money in Wis. until they pass some sort of a Shall Issue carry law.

Something you might find of interest:
    http://www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com/

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

davasi, I'm currently on a job assignment in Manitowoc, WI and I thought the same thing. I'm a contractor at a nuke plant, here, and every guy at work has some rifles, some hand guns, and some bows. The guy in the cubicle next to me just built a "semi-auto sporting rifle" ( ), bought a Beretta M9, and a suppressor (silencer) for both. I've bought 3 weapons since I've been up here. Guns are talked about daily. It completely floors me that this state does not allow concealed carry. If you talk to any of the locals, they say the same thing you just did.
    The family:
    Winchester .22 LR
    Modified Ruger 10/22 .22LR
    Savage .17 HMR
    CMMG AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO
    USMC M1 .30 Carbine
    Weatherby 7mm Remington Magnum
    Ruger M77 Mark II .30-06 Springfield
    Savage Arms Model 110BA .338 Lapua Magnum
    Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum
    Taurus PT22NGPP .22 LR (The Wife's)
    Springfield XD Sub-Compact .40 S&W
    Taurus PT1911B Model 1911 .45 ACP (Customized)
    Ed Brown Centennial Edition Model 1911 .45 ACP
    Custom Built Model 1911 .45 ACP

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Maybe it has something to do with Wisconsin's rich drinking culture I am slightly kidding, but if anyone has ever been there, you know what I'm talking about. I swear every town has to have at least 5 bars per church.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

I'm from a town surrounded by Microbrews. There are literally hundreds along the front range of the Rockies. I grew up with beer. I have never seen so many bars and such a heavy drinking culture as I have in Wisconsin. It's actually kind of sad. All I hear at work from the younger crowd (I'm 23) is how they blacked out the other night or how one guy was puking his brains out or whatever their drinking mishaps were. Wisconsin is honestly the drinkinest state in the U.S., which is something I'm not terribly proud of.
    The family:
    Winchester .22 LR
    Modified Ruger 10/22 .22LR
    Savage .17 HMR
    CMMG AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO
    USMC M1 .30 Carbine
    Weatherby 7mm Remington Magnum
    Ruger M77 Mark II .30-06 Springfield
    Savage Arms Model 110BA .338 Lapua Magnum
    Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum
    Taurus PT22NGPP .22 LR (The Wife's)
    Springfield XD Sub-Compact .40 S&W
    Taurus PT1911B Model 1911 .45 ACP (Customized)
    Ed Brown Centennial Edition Model 1911 .45 ACP
    Custom Built Model 1911 .45 ACP

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

If you get to the smaller towns I don't think Minnesota's much better.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33300 times

I grew up in Madison, or actually just outside the city limits. I got out of there shortly after high school and other than a visit now and then have never been back. Madison and Milwaukee are liberal bastions of stubborn stupidity. They are the reasons that Wisconsin does not have a CCW program. The sad thing about that is that the entire rest of the state is just the opposite. Hunting, fishing, shooting and such are the norm. But, the population in those two areas control the government of the entire state. Wisconsin is a beautiful place. My parents, one ex-wife, two of my kids, and four of my grandkids live there. I enjoy going back to visit, but I still prefer to live in Florida.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33300 times

As far as the bars go, when I left Madison and started to travel around the rest of the country I couldn't believe how few taverns and bars there were everywhere else!

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    8408 times

I live in Wisconsin and can shed some light on it. The people act like sheep or don't seem to care. A large majority as it were. Hunters don't think it has anything to do with them yet 6 hunter were killed a while back by a trespasser with his SKS. Yet there still seems to be a large contingent who still don't get it.

There are those who live in the suburbs outside many of the large cities and towns. They don't get it either. Even though home invasions, armed robberies, and violence are all on the rise in these out back places. Complacency kills and we are all responsible for our own protection hasn't sunken in yet.

Trusting people to do one thing and then they do another by backstabbing is a normal situation. People that should not be trusted are.

Here there is no accountability by any official or bureaucrat at any level. The people just seem not to care. Can't get them worked up, on the bandwagon, or to see the light.

Try and get CCW passed with apathy, corruption,bad attitudes being the norm. it isn't going to happen in a polluted atmosphere like that.

Not that CCW didn't come close. But certain types of officials in high places are poisonous snakes. Why oh why were they trusted? Promises were made and not kept. The promises were not going to be kept but others fell for it.
    I saw it coming. People who should have did not.

With the rise in violent crime and the change in the local populace might eventually see the light. Things seem to be swinging that way.

To all in Wisconsin who have tried valiantly to get CCW installed, a tip of the hat to you.

For those who still try. Bully for you.
    I'd like to go further with that , but I am seriously skirting too close to politics to go there.

There is another attempt to get CCW through. This time has a better chance than the last few times did.

Member #
    Liked
    4101 times

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart
    If you get to the smaller towns I don't think Minnesota's much better.

Steelheart

I have to agree, but then when I consider that most MN. residents have a limited knowledge of relaxation which includes the Vikings, Walleye fishing,deer hunting, snow mobiling and drinking. I can't believe how many Minnesotians let their brains run out of the "Bottom Bung" when deer season opens.

I am continually amazed by all the benefit suppers and raffles for people who can buy expensive fishing boats, snowmobiles, set in the bars and not buy insurance, then when they get hurt or have a house fire ect. everybody comes out of the woodwork crying and putting on a benefit to cover their butts.

Don't get me wrong I will step up and help some one who has an accident or medical problem or house fire, as long as they have made the effort to cover themselves with insurance, only to have the insurance company drag their feet to try to get out of paying for the loss. I just have a problem with those who don't try to protect themselves and then want everybody else to feel sorry for them.

I could buy several new guns every year or a new car every couple of years with what I pay for health, home owners, auto, and liability insurance.

Oh, yes! My wife was a "Cheese Head".
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links