Digging that rig - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Digging that rig

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    I make all of my own holsters. I just got tired of trying to find what I wanted in a left handed holster.

This Kahr CW-40 is one of my oldest holsters. It has held up well, but I think I make a better holster now.
    Name:  KahrCW-40holster1.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  97.4 KB

Made some for holsters to go with special presentation Glocks to Special People
    Name:  GlockHolsters.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  96.4 KB

My SR-40C
    Name:  SR40ccwithHolster.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  95.5 KB

My Glock 23
    Name:  JaysHolster.jpg
Views: 231
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I make all of my own holsters. I just got tired of trying to find what I wanted in a left handed holster.

This Kahr CW-40 is one of my oldest holsters. It has held up well, but I think I make a better holster now.

My SR-40C

My Glock 23
    Nice ‘scallop’ trim on the Kydex!
    muddcatt54 and daytonaredeye like this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    Thanks, it sort of developed over time.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post

My SR-40C

My Glock 23
    Good looking holsters. My first homemade holster was a hybrid. It was just too bulky for my taste. I switched to taco style holsters and have never looked back. I have a couple holsters in process right now that I am hoping to get finished soon.

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    I don't remember how many of these holsters I made (and remade) before I felt like I had the recipe right. Since the guess work is all done now, they go together pretty quick. I have several holsters styled after my old Tanker Holster from my Mech days, but I tried my hand at OWC pancakes, and I have just never got them right. If I find something for a OWC holster that works for me I may try making one again.

I have a holster for pocket carry that works for one of my snubbies, but the rest have homes in cigar boxes kept in plain sight but high enough that the grand kids can't get to them. My wife is comfortable with a snubbie as that is what my father taught her to shoot and for some reason people keep giving them to me. Those cigar boxes all fit into my wife's decorating scheme, so no one ever gives them a second look.

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    I have been carrying my 85NV AIWB for a couple of years now. I was curious if I could carry my Keltec P11 the same way so it was time to make a new holster. Since I face a case of Dunlap disease I decided that this holster should have a sweat shield. This the first holster I've made with a sweat shield. I wanted to make it usable at 4- 4:30 also in case AIWB didn't work. I set the holster up to use a strut for AIWB and two soft loops for behind the hip carry.

Behind the hip configuration

Strut configuration

On. It conceals nicely under the tee shirt.

These are the holsters I've made since I built a kydex press. The 85NV holster is ambidextrous AIWB. The 605 is my first dual layer holster. It is also ambidextrous and works well IWB or OWB. The P11 holster and a speed loader carrier I'm working on.
    loudviking and daytonaredeye like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31453 times
    I have a 140 dollar Mitch Rosen Workman IWB tuckable for my P11 I rarely wear anymore. I've stopped the habit of thinking you get what you pay for in leather.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    M9A1 Compact. Fatman AIWB in a Black Rhino Concealment ACS. I carry my 92F and M9A1 the same way.

daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11142 times
    "These are the holsters I've made since I built a kydex press."

LOL, I made a nice one of those Kydex presses, but I never really liked it, so I do all of mine with a clamp board, some wood cutouts, a heat gun and some insulated gloves. Once you learn how not to burn the Kydex, it is quicker and easier to use the clamp board. For me now, the hardest thing is to make the matching clips. I pretty much have settled on 1.25" wide clips out of .125" Kydex. Harder to work but much, much stronger. My J clips are pretty hard to spot.

BTW, I don't like any holster that points the business end at my junk.
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Name:  Double rig.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  692.5 KB

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links