Finally found a holster that works for me! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Finally found a holster that works for me!

I have a crossbreed holster, and it's ok, but my firearm shows or prints unless I'm wearing a very big shirt. In my opinion, it's no better than the other two IWB holsters I have (Don Hume;Uncle Mike's).
    The Smart Carry is comfortable and does not show at all.

I really think it's a matter of personal body build. My son, who uses a Don Hume IWB holster, also carries a PT-140 and it doesn't show at all. He's slim and muscular. I'm more barrel shaped.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by cantshoot4crap
    Let me clear up something here. The holster will accomodate both my Taurus and my J-frame Smith, but not at the same time. So, I don't carry two cannons down there.

merddyn 2002....My butt is so flat, I ride a Japanese motorcycle and the stock seat is perfect for me! So, don't fret about needing a butt to hold it in place. If you wear an undershirt, and underpants, the elastic strap seems to hang on to them.

As far as having a pistol pointed at your kid brother, I always carry with the safety on.

I have found it most comfortable to wear slightly to the left of middle, with the grip extending only about 1/2 inch above my belt buckle. The ONLY thing that shows through a thin T-shirt is the belt buckle on my pants..
    I meant YOUR cannon...and your HANDGUN.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unfortunately, one of my cannons doesn't take up too much space!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I considered the smart carry for a while and ultimately decided that quick access to the gun over-wrote the convenience factor. i dont wanna go digging around in my crotch when I need the weapon.

I went with a shoulder rig since IWB is out (i'm a big guy too and havn't found an IWB I like.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

LedJedi wrote: "I considered the smart carry for a while and ultimately decided that quick access to the gun over-wrote the convenience factor. i dont wanna go digging around in my crotch when I need the weapon."

One of the niceties of the Smart Carry is that you can wear it at many levels since there are no belt hooks. I wear mine with the grip sticking above my beltline by about 1/2 inch, so there really isn't any reaching down your crotch for the weapon. I simply place my weak hand thumb between the grip and my belt, and pull out the weapon with my strong hand. I'll concede though, that in some situations a two handed extraction may not be desirable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links