Open Carry - Shirt Impression
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Open Carry - Shirt Impression

Member #
    Liked
    9659 times

Open Carry - Shirt Impression

So I was OC while running errands last weekend. I was wearing cargo pants and one of what I call my nerd tee shirts. In this case, it was a blue background with the superman emblem. It didn't occur to me at the time but now I wonder what kind of message was it sending and are their any other tee shirts in my collection that fall into the same category (Flash, Transformers, Back to the Future, etc.)?

Thoughts?

I choose the gun as the instrument of peace. When peace no longer seeks me I become the instrument.

Sand Lake 2014 / 2015

Member #
    Liked
    298 times
    Yankee Marshall is that you?

The only message it might send is that you don't take yourself too seriously. That's a good thing IMHO

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9047 times
    I think you should have worn the loudest, most obnoxious Hawaiian flowered shirt you could find. No one will ever see what you are carrying; they will assume it is part of the obnoxious pattern
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35207 times
    Don't over think it.

People will draw all sorts of connections that aren't there.

It thunder stormed today and I stubbed my toe in the kitchen. Just because two things are together doesn't mean there is a deeper message.

That won't stop people from trying to draw connections.
    ISSMER, rago, GhostHorse and 1 others like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16893 times
    Don't think about it. Wear what you want and if someone makes a scene about you carrying a gun, pick your nose and flick it at them.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5929 times
    If you wore khaki slacks & a shirt & tie then someone would think "oh this guy thinks he's (insert anything____)" people make all sort of snap judgements. Who cares? I try not to judge, but when I falter it's based on a person's actions, or lack thereof.

I wear business casual when the weather permits, why? It's comfortable & it blends into my surroundings/environment pretty well. Now I see a guy from time to time at my local Walmart, he's always wearing cammo (real tree no less ... we live in the desert). Guess which one of us has the eyeballs of most shoppers on him while he OC's? Hint: it's not me

Dress however you want, but remember, fair or not, some people will use anything crappy to post on anti rights/gun websites.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 05-10-2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Clarify

Member #
    Liked
    9659 times
    Thank you all for the feedback. I quess I need to get some Hawaiian shirts.

Halloween and Christmas time are going to be fun this year. Maybe I should wear my sesame street shirts next.

I choose the gun as the instrument of peace. When peace no longer seeks me I become the instrument.

Sand Lake 2014 / 2015

Member #
    Liked
    437 times
    I need to move to Texas! Don't need the shirts!
    ISSMER likes this.
    AKA Phil Jungels
    U. S. Army Medic, Vietnam, 66-67

"The real answer is more bullets!" Me, 2001

Member #
    Liked
    2460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    If you wore khaki slacks & a shirt & tie then someone would think "oh this guy thinks he's (insert anything____)" people make all sort of snap judgements. Who cares? I try not to judge, but when I falter it's based on a person's actions, or lack thereof.

I wear business casual when the weather permits, why? It's comfortable & it blends into my surroundings/environment pretty well. Now I see a guy from time to time at my local Walmart, he's always wearing cammo (real tree no less ... we live in the desert). Guess which one of us has the eyeballs of most shoppers on him while he OC's? Hint: it's not me

Dress however you want, but remember, fair or not, some people will use anything crappy to post on anti rights/gun websites.
    Camo is about as popular as jeans around my area. Id say that if I go to Walmart, probably 20% of the people have some sort of camo on in the spring and summer. In the winter, it jumps to 60%.
    Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
    ~Unknown

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
    ~Charles A. Beard

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46617 times
    I'm with the who cares what others think crowd. I am so tired of other people always trying to look into something for a "Meaning".

I would not and do not worry what others think.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links