Constitutional Carry In Kansas - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Constitutional Carry In Kansas

Member #
    Liked
    2113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltherfan01 View Post
    Congrats! Don't count your chickens, though. Here in WV the bill made it to the governors desk and he vetoed it. There are words for him that I won't use in polite company.
    Well that would be more than enough to piss me off for sure. Especially after all the congress writing I have done lately to help get this passed.

The only reason I can see that Sam wouldn't sign this bill is if they added to it something like "upon signing this bill into law the governor will be expected to resign"!!

Last year or the year before, he signed into law the "2a protection act" or whatever it was called, that said the Feds have no rights or standing to change or alter Kansas' gun laws, or to enforce federal laws etc. etc. Even though he expected backlash from them which he got...
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20396 times
    Congrats! As noted, hope your guv holds up his end of the bargain.
    Ironmagz likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

BMC
    Member #
    Liked
    1252 times
    Way to go Kansas!
    Ironmagz likes this.
    The only evil is ignorance...the only good is knowledge.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9046 times
    Outstanding! Keeping my fingers crossed that the Gov will sign. Hope we can get it back in Texas!
    Ironmagz likes this.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    13428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    This one goes out to the Governor of WV. Putz! We have plenty of room here in AZ for freedom loving citizens, come on down

I would like to send that to the governor of West Virginia.. Message approved..
    Ironmagz and FreeInAZ like this.
    Future WVU Medical School Alumni..Later then sooner, I hope, Date unknown...
    Trump Wins Big.... MR. Trump is now the President of the United States Of America.
    Due to the shortage of Ammo, I will no longer fire warning shots!
    Proud member of the NRA
    I will not comply to government scams.

Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Gov. Brownback has said he would sign it. Even if he changes his mind, there are enough votes in the state legislature to override a veto.

I will keep my permit due to reciprocity with other states, but my wife is pleased she will be able to carry concealed without the permit once this goes in to effect.

Kansas will be the 5th state to invoke concealed carry without a permit. Only 90% to go!
    Ironmagz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis2477 View Post
    Gov. Brownback has said he would sign it. Even if he changes his mind, there are enough votes in the state legislature to override a veto.

I will keep my permit due to reciprocity with other states, but my wife is pleased she will be able to carry concealed without the permit once this goes in to effect.

Kansas will be the 5th state to invoke concealed carry without a permit. Only 90% to go!
    Yeah I'll keep my license too for the same reason. I just renewed mine early and have over 4 years to go on it still.

Sent with my Galaxy S5
    Thanks to all the Trump voters, we may have just started the country's reversal!

Lifetime NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2113 times
    It's done Sam Brownback signed the constitutional carry bill!! Below is the email from KSRA telling of this great day. It will be legal on July 1st of 2015

KANSAS CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY
    LEGISLATION SIGNED INTO LAW

History was made in Kansas today! Governor Sam Brownback signed SB45, the Constitutional Carry legislation which passed with large majority bipartisan votes in the Kansas Senate and House of Representatives. KSRA President and Lobbyist, Patricia Stoneking was in attendance at the bill signing and was presented with a ceremonially signed copy of the bill and signing pen. At the bill signing ceremony Governor Brownback recognized Mrs. Stoneking for her many years of hard work to help bring pro-Second Amendment legislation to his desk.

Kansas becomes the 5th state to have true Constitutional Carry. This law gives Kansans the freedom and liberty that is rightfully theirs and removes restrictions on those natural and unalienable rights that have been unconstitutionally imposed on them. It becomes effective July 1, 2015.

The permitting process in Kansas still exists if you wish to obtain a concealed carry permit so that you may exercise reciprocity and carry in other states, travel in and through school zones lawfully and qualify for the NICS exemption when purchasing firearms. Here is a link to a FAQ on SB45 to help answer any questions you may have.

The KSRA would like to thank all of the legislators that voted for this important bill, particularly Senate Majority Leader Terry Bruce who authored SB45 and Representative Travis Couture-Lovelady who carried this legislation in the House of Representatives. We also thank the NRA for their support on this legislation as well as the many KSRA members and Kansas gun owners that contacted their legislators urging them to pass SB45. We encourage you to send a note of thanks to the Governor for signing this bill into law and restoring your rights protected by the Second Amendment.

Today is a great day to be a Kansan!

Wolf1477, PCS01 and Dennis2477 like this.

Lifetime NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3304 times
    WOW! Cool!
    Ironmagz likes this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13567 times
    Toto! We are going home
    Ironmagz likes this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links