Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Constitutional Carry In Kansas

5K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  PCS01 
#1 ·
Well yesterday the house and senate voted and passed constitutional carry here in Kansas!! The bill is now headed for the governors desk. I'm 96% sure he will sign the bill... I only say 96% because I personally haven't read the bill and don't know exactly what it entails.

We've had open carry, but now those same people that have or do open carry (and I've only seen one, except for in the LGS's) can now legally carry concealed if they choose. And why not? If they are trusted carrying in the open why not trust them to carry hidden?

Before, if they were carrying open and their weapon accidently got covered up they could be in trouble for concealing, now it won't matter.

The concealed license will stay around and will also provide reciprocity with other states like before.

It is a great day for the 2A here in Kansas!!!

#33 ·
That is awesome news for Kansas! I hope more states take this approach and it starts to catch on. I think more states would like to do this, but they don't want to be on the leading edge of the movement. They would rather wait for others to step up first, and then jump on the band wagon as the movement gains momentum. I would love to see this in Michigan. Unfortunately, I don't foresee it happening anytime soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.