http://cgi.ebay.com/FOBUS-PADDLE-HOL...3A1%7C294%3A50
    PT-140Pro
    PT-111 Gen Hybrid
    Rossi M88

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Fobus Holster

Funny you should ask. I just bought one last week for my CZ 75 and used it at the range Saturday.
    I think it's usefulness depends on what you're going to use it for. Great for Range use, possibly good for IDPA (I'll let you know how I liked it for that next month) but probably not so good for everyday CC.

When I got mine it was SO tight I thought I'd have to cut my CZ out of it. I looked online and found a few fixes, so it seems just about right for IDPA now, but I'll need more practice. While reholstering, I DROPPED my CZ on the concrete

I have also read they are prone to breaking easily at the paddle attachment, hence not so great for daily duty, but I have yet to test that.

Hope that helped.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

From what I have read on here, if you are looking for something similar to the Fobus, check out Blackhawks. Depending on the model you want it for, you may have to find the Blackhawk for another firearm that will accomodate the Taurus, but Blackhawk CQC have my vote !

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I don´t think they cut it for ccw. I used one for open carry when closing my bar back in the day before I had a ccw. I also used one to qualify against the advisement of the instructor who said hey have a tendency to come off with your gun draw, but I never had an issue.
    They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here? -the late, Paul Harvey

If guns kill people, spoons made Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnel fat!

http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/links/giveaways-1/

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I carry my PT145 in one all day every day. I also use it in IDPA competition. I like it more than any holster I've ever used, and over the years I've used a lot of different ones.
    It's very comfortable once you get used to it, it holds the pistol securely and the draw is smooth and easy, though it takes some practice to get it that way.
    It's easy to put on and take off and there is NO tendency for it to come off with the draw.
    The only drawback to it is that the plastic is hard on the finish of the slide.

Member #
    Somewhere between the Rio Grande and Red River
    Liked
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by Arko
    Funny you should ask. I just bought one last week for my CZ 75 and used it at the range Saturday.
    I think it's usefulness depends on what you're going to use it for. Great for Range use, possibly good for IDPA (I'll let you know how I liked it for that next month) but probably not so good for everyday CC.

When I got mine it was SO tight I thought I'd have to cut my CZ out of it. I looked online and found a few fixes, so it seems just about right for IDPA now, but I'll need more practice. While reholstering, I DROPPED my CZ on the concrete

I have also read they are prone to breaking easily at the paddle attachment, hence not so great for daily duty, but I have yet to test that.

Hope that helped.
    Arko, have you ever posted pics of that CZ 75? i saw one in a recent issue of guns and ammo. I think it was the CZ 75B stainless. That was a beautiful gun! Would love to see pics of yours if you got them

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

I've got 4. I like them.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...832F1D58FE.jpg
    Ironic isn't it that the only people on the planet that fear Obama (or at least what he might do) are American citizens.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by texas red
    Arko, have you ever posted pics of that CZ 75? i saw one in a recent issue of guns and ammo. I think it was the CZ 75B stainless. That was a beautiful gun! Would love to see pics of yours if you got them
    Red,
    No, I don't believe I have posted pics. Mine is the BD model, with the standard black finish. The stainless is gorgeous, but the black to me looks bad arse, and if it ever gets torn up, I have a shop here in town that specializes in CZ and is doing a bunch of cool finishes for them.

Oh, back to the topic: I've read elsewhere that at some training schools they don't allow them, and demonstrate breaking the paddle off your waist, disarming you. They seem pretty solidly riveted to me though, so who knows.

I carry daily in a Crossbreed, and am just going to use the Fobus for range/IDPA.

Member #
    Liked
    7279 times

I have Two, one for my Glock 23 and the other for my 1911, both are the fixed angle and can be used as an outside belt or paddle. I like them because they don't slide around my belt and are great for range use. I don't like them for CCW because they don't hold the weapon tight enough to the body. Even under a thick pullover they will print.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Quote Originally Posted by George PT-111
    what do you guys think of this one??
    If your looking for a Fobus for the PT line, the SP11 is the reccomended fit. TAURUS MILLENIUM PT 145, PT 745 & PRO - COMPACT HOLSTER SP11B

However, the SP11 line from Fobus now has many varieties of holsters. From remembering when I ordered mine for the Pro PT111, the link below does not mention Taurus at all, but the fit is for many various guns of the same dimensions.

http://www.fobusholster.com/index.ph...p11&pg=1&all=1

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links