TX CHL Number and TX DL Numbers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: TX CHL Number and TX DL Numbers

Member #
    Liked
    41860 times

TX CHL Number and TX DL Numbers

They over lap. I picked up my hunting license yesterday and handed the girl my CHL. She entered it (the CHL number) into Texas Parks and Wildlife data base and it came up as someone else, I came up when using my DL. There went my chance for extra tags...

Think Texas is aware of this?

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    18505 times
    Seems like I read somewhere that they are going to combine the CHL and your ID.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Member #
    Liked
    1801 times
    Different number for the two licenses may have been on purpose. I prefer that they keep it that way.

Handguns are hole-punchers, not sledgehammers! Fibonacci, TA member
    To preserve liberty... the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee
    "Before all else, be armed." Niccolo Machiavelli
    Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Mao Tse-Tung
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    34438 times
    Maybe she submitted your CHL# as a DL#. Both look alike, as they all begin with 0, and have the same number of digits.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    41860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Maybe she submitted your CHL# as a DL#. Both look alike, as they all begin with 0, and have the same number of digits.
    That's what she did

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Molon Labe
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    9417 times
    Your CHL has both numbers. I buy my hunting/fishing license on line - don't have to put up with stupid in stores.
    AOCM.RET and nedstockton like this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    35259 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    My DL starts with a one and my CHL begins with a zero.

But I agree with Smoke as to what most likely happened since your CHL & DL numbers are both on the CHL.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    41860 times
    Both my CHL and DL start with 0 and are 8 numbers. I just thought it interesting that your CHL number could be someone's DL number...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    My DL starts with a one and my CHL begins with a zero.

But I agree with Smoke as to what most likely happened since your CHL & DL numbers are both on the CHL.
    TexasAviator likes this.

Molon Labe

Member #
    Liked
    35259 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Both my CHL and DL start with 0 and are 8 numbers. I just thought it interesting that your CHL number could be someone's DL number...
    Honest officer it wasn't me it was the other 12345678!
    Texheim and nedstockton like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    8295 times
    The numbers also cross-reference. I submitted a change of address for my CHL within the very narrow time frame allowed , and waited for several weeks to receive my new license with the correct address. Thinking it had been lost in the mail, I asked a LEO friend of mine to check the computer data base, and his inquiry using my drivers license showed the correct address for the CHL. Two weeks later, I got the new one in the mail.
    TexasAviator likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links