Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Another reason I don't open carry

3K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  MadKaw 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I wouldn't let it stop me if OC was legal here.

It sounds like the PD responded very well!

#19 ·
I wouldn't let it stop me if OC was legal here.

It sounds like the PD responded very well!
I agree. If we worry about all the things that might happen we'll end up dead of a coronary.

All I ask for in Texas is the option to OC.

#3 ·
That was rather uneventful. I have been pulled over by police with guns drawn and I was not SWATted.
When the cop got to my window I just said " are you OK or are you having a bad day?" He looked in the car, laughed and said have a good day.

#7 ·
Sad but true. "Do I want to risk being subjected to ignorance and abuse as I go about my business?!"

I hope that the LEO, Judges and 911 staff are the ones that tire of the law breakers!!!

#8 ·
It's legal here, and I do some, but I try not to slap anyone in the face with it. Sometimes my vest/shirt doesn't completely cover the firearm, but again I choose my battles, so to speak. It used to be that dropping the f-bomb was gauche, not so much any more, not saying it's right, just sayin'

#28 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was prowling YouTube for Auto Ordnance videos a few days ago, and one of the reviews was buy a guy who seemed to have no reservations whatsoever about dropping the F bomb. He sounded like an idiot. I stopped pretty early in the video. Go read something; earn a vocabulary.

OC is not legal in Texas but I don't think I would ever open carry if it were. I would rather blend in as the harmless white-haired guy.
Or in my case, a harmless white hairy guy.

Reactions: WartHog354
#10 ·
I open carry and will continue to do so.
I do it respectfully and never let my hand even brush against it while in public.

heres what i believe.

if you have a right and dont use it, its a short time before you forget youve got it, once you reach that point, its not long before its taken.

#18 ·
OC is not legal in Texas but I don't think I would ever open carry if it were. I would rather blend in as the harmless white-haired guy.

#21 ·
She obviously never read the story f the boy who cried wolf. She will make such a nuisance out of herself that she may find herself in honest-to-God need of help and she runs the risk of getting het complaint taken seriously.

#23 ·
That's an early trip, looking for the ammo fairy?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

#25 ·
So are the people. I'm 5'8" and when I go to walmart late at night I know how someone who is 6'6" feels.

#27 ·
I will also,say that crap like that wouldn't go over very well in Ga. We are an OC/CC state and, as you can tell from the election results the other night, full of pro gun folks. Our state legislature usually passes some major pro gun legislation each year or two and proudly signed by the gov. You fellow Georgians out there correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to see Constitutional Carry passed within the next 5-6 years.

Reactions: FreeInAZ
#30 ·
Open carry & cc are not mutually exclusive. Both have pros & cons. I do both, often. But then again, I carry as much fire insurance as I can afford to on my home too. If you blend in too well you can be easily mistaken for just another victim. Nothing worse than trying to get the drop on someone who has already gotten the drop on you! Should you run into someone crazy enough to grab for your visible pistol, the cc pistol(s) is your friend. I know this is a hot button subject, I just think options are a good thing. Ever try concealing a FNH FX-45? ;)

As always YMMV.

#31 ·
People like that are sick. Makes me want to start open carrying again just to piss people like that off if there are any around here. I never had issues with it in the past, never once been approached. I have been considering open carrying again, even more now after reading that.

#33 ·
Article says that prosecution is difficult because the callers are regarded as incompetent.
It is my understanding that if you are incompetent and are a danger to yourself or others you can be involuntarily committed.

Might be a way to go…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.