Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1st time I was pulled over while CC.

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Mark2.0 
#1 ·
Well, I knew it would happen eventually. Not that I'm a habitual speeder but on non-residential streets I tend to do 5mph over the limit. Last night I had my wife and 3 out of 4 kids in the truck with me the red and blue lights started flashing behind me. Had my license and CCW permit out and ready to go with the dome lights on and truck shut off.

I informed the LEO I was carrying and he asked where it was. Told him it was on my right hip and he just said to not "fidget" with it and all will be well. He told me he clocked me at 63 in a 55. I don't think I was going that fast but maybe I was for a few seconds...He went back to his patrol SUV and came back with my license and permit and a written warning. My kids got a kick out of as the 2 youngest thought the flashing lights were "pretty."

Glad ad it was just a warning...maybe he let me off easy because I was polite, or carrying, or maybe it was because he saw my military ID and asked me how long I've been in...who knows, just thankful it was a warning only.

#3 ·
If a person drives long enough, eventually they will be pulled over or stopped at a roadblock for one reason or another. After reading your post, I want to say that you handled yourself properly, and that you've set the proverbial "bar" high for the rest of your forum members to follow. :rating10:

#4 ·
I have been pulled one or two or twelve times during my 27 years of driving.

It is my experience that most officers will give you a warning if you act polite and normal.

By normal, you are not bitching and belly aching about how they could be catching real criminals or why they have to harrass you or how you pay their salary.

But don't be one on those instant butt kissers who apologizes profusely in an obvious attempt to try to get out of it.

Just act normal , treat them normal and things usually go well.

Of all the times I have ever been pulled for anything, I truly earned it and owned up to it except for one bogus charge of careless and reckles which , incidentally, got tossed in court as the second officer riding with the one who ticketed me said it was a fluffed up charge to start with.

Reactions: Mrlucky353 and BMC
#6 ·
I have been stopped 3 times while carrying ( never ticketed ). The first was a Louisiana State Trooper who disarmed me, unloaded my pistol and locked it in my trunk instructing me to not get it out until he was gone. The second time I was pulled over for a bad headlight. When I gave the deputy my drivers license, insurance card and carry permit he held up my permit and asked what it was for. I told him that I had a 45 on my hip. He responded no problem get that headlight fixed and sent me on my way.The third time was a couple of weeks ago and I feel like I was profiled as a candidate for a DUI because my son's car has a damaged front end from hitting a deer and looks bad. When the deputy saw my carry permit he told me to keep my hands on the steering wheel then asked if I had been drinking. When I said no he politely sent me on my way. I had a LEO that I knew in Texas tell me that when they see your carry permit they know that they are dealing with one of the good guys.

#7 ·
Sounds like you encountered a "professional" LEO. :) Nicely handled.

#12 ·
The last time I was pulled over was in Alabama around midnight on a deserted interstate when I switched lanes without a turn signal to make room for an RV that was coming down an on-ramp. Being polite sure helped, that and a disturbance in Walmart that the 2 young city police officers raced off to investigate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.