Gunowners File Suit To Allow Concealed Carry At North Carolina State Fair
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By ncfarmer
  • 1 Post By TrucksNCoffee
  • 3 Post By TexasAviator
  • 2 Post By john_bud
  • 1 Post By Cariwine
  • 2 Post By Craftsman

Thread: Gunowners File Suit To Allow Concealed Carry At North Carolina State Fair

Member #
    Liked
    5355 times

Gunowners File Suit To Allow Concealed Carry At North Carolina State Fair

Pro-gun group to challenge state fair gun ban :: WRAL.com

Here's some more interesting news from my home state. I think GrassRootsNC has a valid point
    and their interpretation of state law should be upheld. Concealed Carry Permit holders should
    have the right to carry here because the Fairgrounds are not private property and not mentioned
    as a governmental gun free zone in this statute.

I'm probably not going to this year's State Fair myself, the parking is horrible, and I just had
    my share of fairgoing last weekend attending my wife's home county fair. One thing that I
    would do though if I was carrying, make sure my gun was secure as possible if I got on any
    of the Midway rides. I can just see someone losing a gun on one of those roller coasters
    with the big loops when it falls out from the top.
    TexasAviator and Stroker like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19022 times
    The New Mexico State Fair wrapped up a couple of weeks ago, but prior to the event the local news was touting the State Police use of mobile command centers with vertically telescoping periscopes to keep an eye out for criminal activities, which have become an increasing problem. But, do you think concealed carry is permitted so that trained and vetted persons might protect themselves and their families? Nope.

Anyway, I gave up on the State Fair years ago. My kids are grown (it's way more fun with kids, ya know) and my first grandchild isn't due until next April. Also, (disregarding the criminal activity) the quality of the fair seems to have degraded over the past couple of decades.
    ncfarmer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35182 times
    Good luck getting it through!

In Texas we are allowed to carry at the state fair. (But yet they say pocket knives are illegal, go figure!)
    Last edited by TexasAviator; 10-01-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    ncfarmer, Cariwine and Smokewagon like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Couple years back WI state fair had a rap concert. After it was over, roving gangs (hundreds of persons in total) of wound up urban youths terrorized fair going families. Many people were robbed and beaten. But ask a liberal, there is no need to bring those nasty evil objects!
    ncfarmer and Wolf1477 like this.
    I believe in gun control! Starting with a firm 2 handed grip....

Member #
    Liked
    3472 times
    There's some question in my state (Georgia) about leasing public land to a private entity, if said entity can then restrict carrying while the property is under lease. YMMV.
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Member #
    Liked
    18384 times
    It's kind of silly. At the Texas State Fair they wand my 6 year old at security and then I pop up with my CHL and keep on going.
    TexasAviator likes this.

Obama: AK-47s are for soldiers.
    Arwine: MAK-90s are for civilians.

This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business.
    -Me

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46282 times
    Good luck!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    1315 times
    Quote Originally Posted by codegeek View Post
    There's some question in my state (Georgia) about leasing public land to a private entity, if said entity can then restrict carrying while the property is under lease. YMMV.
    The question stems from a change the law that inserted the word "private" into the law allowing lessees to restrict carry. Some government entities were leasing property where they had no legal right to restrict carry and claiming the lease magically created the right for the lessee to restrict carry. The change clarified that local governments cannot transfer rights they do not possess originally. Some folks are stubborn and insist on paying our local gun rights lawyers for individual instruction on such matters. GA law allows for recovery of costs when successfully suing government for gun rights infringements.
    codegeek and daytonaredeye like this.
    "They couldn't hit a elephant at this dist..."
    Last word of General John Sedgwick. May 8, 1864.

Taurus PT-92 AFS
    Taurus TCP-738
    Springfield XD .45 Tactical
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum

Member #
    Liked
    7838 times
    I will be going to the fair with my kids(otherwise could care less)so I can enjoy them and take some pics of their happiness.We will go during the morning/early afternoon and be gone long before any foolishness usually occurs.I am watching the situation closely and will decide accordingly.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    9659 times
    That's an interesting way to try and usurp individual rights and the law. I hope they are successful.

I choose the gun as the instrument of peace. When peace no longer seeks me I become the instrument.

Sand Lake 2014 / 2015

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links