Do You Carry Crossdraw? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Do You Carry Crossdraw?

Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    I use the cross-draw exclusively, but since I'm left-handed, my IWB is parked at 2 o'clock. This comes out of necessity. I had a whiplash injury back in October 2000 that left me with chronic neck & shoulder pain on my left side. Consequently, I can't lift my left shoulder past 95 degrees vertical, or back more than 10 degrees horizontally.

Thus, drawing it across my body up into firing position seems to be the most natural for me, and wearing the holster inside my right illium wing also feels the most comfortable to me.

Plus, since I lost a lot of weight recently, I expect it won't protrude as much when I sit down. The nice thing about cross-draw is that you can do it from any stance: Weaver, Isosceles, modified Weaver, totally sideways, etc..

Speaking of being sideways - where do you aim when the bad guy's center-of-mass is not perpendicular to your firearm?

One of the things I like about big ranges like the one in Daytona, is that you can program your target to turn in any direction randomly and at any angle.

If the bad guy is turned to his side and firing at you, you basically only have, as vital points, his head, his neck, his kidneys, and his thigh. People talk about wound channels and cavitations inside vital organs, but there are a number of areas along the side of the body inside of which run major arteries. A shot to the thigh that severs the femoral artery or popliteal artery will cause a great deal of exsanguination in less than a minute, leading to loss of consciousness and followed by death if not stopped.

Severing a renal artery, although not likely to cause major exsanguination, can still send a person into shock. Of course, the money shots, in terms of arterial wounds, are the aorta and carotid arteries. Cut those puppies, and the bad guy can kiss his butt, good-bye.

These are located in the neck (of course, severing the spinal cord in the neck won't be fun, either). Then, there's always the side of the head (for which some news reporter will call it, "an execution-style shooting."

There's nothing I hate more than hearing a left-wing, lib reporter calling a cold-blooded murder committed with a gun, "Execution-style."

Considering all the ways that people were executed in the past, why don't they call someone garroted to death, "Execution-style?"
    Last edited by PeterPocket; 05-02-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    I use a Tagua Four in One Holster (4in1) IPH4-360 for right-handed cross draw. It is made for the Ruger SR9 Compact, but it fits the 709 like a glove. This is a right-hand unit that can be worn at 3-4 or at 9-10 (cross draw). It has adjustable cants so it works well for both IWB/OWB strong side carry or OWB for cross draw. Good leather work. Durable and comfortable.

https://www.taguagunleather.com/inde...product_id=725

This video shows how to mount all four positions. It is a good product at a reasonable costs, ±$40.

I use it for long car trips and when I will be seated for work or other business. It is very useful in church, too. Full concealment under a loose shirt worn with tails outside the belt is very comfortable and gives great accessibility.
    Last edited by bapak2ja; 05-02-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCM.RET View Post
    Simple reply: NO.Attachment 89672
    Same here. Just feels awkward to me.
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    I do not. However, it's not due to lack of desire. It's the draw being too slow and awkward due to short arms (or should I say wide girth . I have gone down an inch in the last two weeks, though, being back on my my 3 sensible balanced meal/3 small snack a day regimen.
    Taurus PT-709FS
    Smith & Wesson Model 5904
    Remington Model 770 .30-'06
    Savage Arms 320 Field 12ga
    1943 Izhevsk M91/30 Mosin-Nagant
    Norinco SKS
    Marlington 336W .30-30

Member #
    Liked
    6169 times
    The only strong side IWB problem that I have found is while driving.

Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    I can relate to the girth being more than it's worth.

I've been there, and if I sdtill were, I'd wear it left-side OWP, but move it as far forward as my belly button would allow!

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    I always carried my field holsters when hunting in cross draw so they did not interfere with my rifle. When I started CCW, cross draw just felt more natural to me.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links