Florida Constitutional Carry - Page 2

View Poll Results: Constitutional Carry in Florida?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 83.33%
  • No

2 5.56%
  • Happy with what we got

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Florida Constitutional Carry

Member #
    Liked
    204 times
    I'm from Florida, I like the current CCW processs. I think open carry as someone mentioned would open a whole can of worms. I do believe seeing an open carry in certain situations would only cause people to create havoc that isn't there.

I say keep it as is, I carry everywhere I am able to. I don't need some anti gun liberal to go ballistic with my open carry. If they are anti gun, there is nothing you can say or do to change that. I agree we do have a right and it's none of their business, but as of late that hasn't been the case.

If I had the option I would conceal, just not to put up with the looks and BS.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by joecap1946; 01-21-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    AOCM.RET and JHPRICE like this.

USS MARS AFS-1

Member #
    15 miles south of Hattiesburg in Dixie Ms.
    Liked
    7281 times
    You can add Mississippi to that list. We've had statewide unlicensed open carry since July 2013. A judge managed to hold it up for a couple of months but now it is the law of the land here. It is upholding the State Constitution of 1872
    Last edited by nedstockton; 01-21-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    dudeman351 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times
    I sure hope you guys do get it. As for the oc thing well if it became legal down there I don't know. You guys really think there would be that much of a problem? Wasn't general oc legal at one point? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 91 whiskey View Post
    I sure hope you guys do get it. As for the oc thing well if it became legal down there I don't know. You guys really think there would be that much of a problem? Wasn't general oc legal at one point? I think I remember reading that somewhere.
    Back before 1955 or so, it was legal to open carry outside of the city limits in most areas of Florida, if my memory serves me right. I will have to look that up and get back to you.

Member #
    Liked
    20281 times
    I guess I just like to think that if someone gets all uptight about seeing me carrying a firearm that's their problem and not mine.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 91 whiskey View Post
    It was legal til 1987 then janet reno said no more. Orlando's mayor Bill Fredricks used to walk around downtown with a SAA strapped to his hip. I never got to OC cause the year they made it illegal is the year I turned 18. So now I do it packin' a pocket fisherman.

Member #
    Liked
    35207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
    It was legal til 1987 then janet reno said no more. Orlando's mayor Bill Fredricks used to walk around downtown with a SAA strapped to his hip. I never got to OC cause the year they made it illegal is the year I turned 18. So now I do it packin' a pocket fisherman.
    I rember reading a bit about her in Judge Napolitanos book, Constitutional Chaos. I definitely did not get the warm and fuzzies... and thats before she even served as the Federal AG.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I rember reading a bit about her in Judge Napolitanos book, Constitutional Chaos. I definitely did not get the warm and fuzzies... and thats before she even served as the Federal AG.
    Yep she was warming up for Waco. And that whole cluster**** with that cuban kid Emelio Gonzales, remember that?
    ACE35 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    18068 times
    The only times you can OC in Florida for now: Open carry when on foot in a public area is generally illegal, but is permitted in certain circumstances, as defined by Florida statute 790.25(3). For example, open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities. The open carry ban statute is currently being challenged in Court. If you make any stops in transit, you may have some explaining to do if someone calls the local or state police.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8551 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AOCM.RET View Post
    The only times you can OC in Florida for now: Open carry when on foot in a public area is generally illegal, but is permitted in certain circumstances, as defined by Florida statute 790.25(3). For example, open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, or while shooting, and while going to and from such activities. The open carry ban statute is currently being challenged in Court. If you make any stops in transit, you may have some explaining to do if someone calls the local or state police.
    I do it around my neighborhood, carrying a pocket fisherman on foot or riding the bicycle. There is a guy over on OCDO (ADUALLY) that has been doing it for four years straight now on his motorcycle. I live in a nice neighborhood with a lot of liberal transplants and don't care what they think. I fly the Confederate Flag in my yard every day. There have been multiple break ins around me, but I'm left alone. Is it that I'm not scared to carry openly, my 85 lb Lab, or the flag?
    btleslie and Raggs like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links