driving or sitting.

Kel-Tec P11 or Glock 19

Anyone ever carry SOB?

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Re: Anyone carry SOB?

Just pray you never fall on your back with it there. As some LEO here can attest too, those duty belts and equipment they have on them, have caused many permanent injuries to spines.

I still would like one rated for that carry, because of the cant when worn strong side.

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Will you be sitting or standing when wearing this?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I typiclly wear my 92 or my BE at about 4 o'clock and while standing or walking those big ol full size autos just disapear. Sitting down and espcially driving however is a whole nother story, uncomfortable as all hell. I would imagine SOB would be just as bad or worse. The thing I like about the 4 oclock position is that if Ileave my belt outside of 1 loop I can shift the rig around my hip for driving.
    Vociferous, Argumentative, Rational, Gun Toting, Liberal. AKA, The Thread Locker!

Beware of easy answers to complex questions, they are usually wrong.

“Flip ‘em the bird and die like a Viking.”

Member #
    Liked
    2221 times

SOB is one of the easiest ways for the BG to get your weapon, takes pretty darn close to the longest to get the weapon in use, can cause serious injury if you fall on it (pushed down by the BG) and uncomfortable for most.

Sarge
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Enough said guys, Thank you.
    You've answered my question

Member #
    Liked
    283 times

i gotta echo what others have said, it seems like the easiest way to get your gun snatched.. difficult to defend.. and i too have heard of injuries from falls which can happen anywhere you carry the gun but your spine i think we can all agree is pretty damn important.
    If you can't shoot well, shoot often.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I carry small of back every day. I have a Crossbreed SOB and Supertuck. I have to wear my shirts tucked in for work, so I have been wearing the Supertuck most of the time. I have to say that I think that the Supertuck works better than the SOB. I can drive or sit in my chair at work very comfortably. I have mine slightly tipped and I wear it a little to the roght side. It is the only way that I have found that works for me.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times

There must be some kind of benefit to it, because when I was recently at the police station the other day (I walked in the FRONT door) I saw two detectives who had SOB holsters. Having said that, if they were pushed or fell on it in a scuffle, that would be very bad news. I use my IWB at 3:30 position.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Sponsored Links