Kangaroo Carry Holster Report - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Kangaroo Carry Holster Report

Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Nearing the end of shift. 2nd 12 hour shift wearing this Kangaroo receives a positive report. I ordered another Kangaroo over the iPhone a few hours ago. Am wearing a tighter fitting shirt than last night, still no printing. This is a fine deep conceal, if you work in an environment where you'll be fired for having a carry.

Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    OK, had to go to town when I got off work, and continued carrying the Ultra-Lite in the Kangaroo. Am exhausted, but for the first time I forgot I was wearing it. So pleased with this. Now, the Ultra-Lite seems built for this holster, because it is so light - only a few ounces more than my Charter Arms Bulldog. So what the hell. I went ahead and swapped out the UL for the Ruger Alaskan. Now I've got the the Alaskan in the Kangaroo, and I really can't tell a difference - yet it weighs nearly 4 pounds.

Member #
    Liked
    29295 times
    ...for the price of a visit to our favorite BBQ joint + a few brews with the Mimsob, why not give it a shot?
    Bonner likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    Finally found a real problem; it concerns revolvers during the draw phase. The revolver problem lies in two areas; the rubber grips, and the cylinder. The rubber is grippy, and the draw cannot be performed with a forward motion, but must be performed with a straight up pull. The second problem is the cylinder - the gun pocket overlaps it, and snags it during the upward pull, necessitating the use of the second hand to hold it in place. So I substituted a 9mm Makarov and a Glock 30. They both drew with ease one handed with both forward and upward motion. While I realize this is a perfect holster for a semi, it is not for a revolver. I distrust semis and prefer revolvers. But I have to have this holster in order to carry in the work place where CC is forbidden. So I am considering which semi to carry in it; the Makarov or the Glock. On another note, there has been speculation about the draw being slow. This is not so with the Glock or the Makarov. Off duty, I wear snap button shirts. With the top two buttons unsnapped, I draw both of these semis lightening fast. The draw while being seated in the pickup truck is extremely fast when carrying a semi.

Update: I decided to go with the Makarov, because it is double action and I can carry with one in the pipe. With this soft material, it would be high risk to carry a charged Glock.

So, here is the Kangaroo with the Makarov.

My cell phone pouch carries mags.

Last edited by Bonner; 08-12-2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spellin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links