ankle holster thoughts for the millenium pro's
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ankle holster thoughts for the millenium pro's

my wife expressed interest in putting her 3rd generation pt140 on her ankle, and i have also considered that for t-shirt weather. i know it is one of the least comfortable ways to carry. i would really like to here your opinions and experiences good or bad. also if you actually have used a specific brand holster tell me your experience with it. and lastly, i see some w/ a band that go above the knee to keep it from sliding down, and others just have a wide band, which is better?
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times

Re: ankle holster thoughts for the millenium pro's

I would think this one might be a little big for an ankle holster ... but I've not tried it so I wouldn't know.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I agree with Flyer. I can't imagine wearing the PT145 on an ankle holster.

Todd

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I know one person on another forum who used to carry a PT145 (1st Gen I think) on his ankle as one of his spare guns (he had one hip and one pocket as well I think). I did a little digging and still have the saved quote:

....have a DeSantis thats designed for a Glock 26, but the thumb break is adjustable and I carried my Taurus PT-145 on many 18hr days in Arkansas. I don't know the model, but is a synthetic material with thumb break and wide ankle strap-carried an 11 shot mini .45 with ease

I've never met him in person but he's not a small guy from what I have gathered.

All that having been said. I would not put my primary gun that far from my hands. IF you need it you will need it NOW, not whenever you managed to draw it. And when you are trying to draw it you will be crouched down and not moving.... I'd put the gun into a pocket first and I know that it is really not a pocket gun.

IWB holster for me, regardless of the weather. And I have carried my XD SC in all types of weather. The subcompact XD is a little larger than the PT 140/145 I think so I know that you could conceal it under an untucked tee shirt.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

i kind of thought that would be the concensus, i was hoping maybe someone had tried it. she is leaning towards purse carry, but we have hashed that one out before on here. her curves are where they belong and being quite thin she really shows with it on the hip. she needs to move it up higher to the inside curve so her shirt covers better. i agree it conceals well, i carried it a few times in lue of my 24/7, and it is allot easier.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Has she thought about a belly band of some type? Possibly with the gun work cross draw? I thought of the belly band as she could have the gun higher than belt level.

Or for that matter IWB hip carry but cross draw style? I'm picturing the holster with a butt forward/muzzle to the rear cant or possibly no cant. Some places call this a Reverse FBI cant.

And Kramer makes an Undershirt thing that might work, or she might hate the idea. I don't know if I'd like it myself.
    http://www.kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=21

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

thanx for your help guys, i showed her a few options, and i am just gonna let her keep practicing and fussing w/ things. she had the gun backwards in an iwb holster today while practicing, so we got a ways to go, her actual permit is still a few weeks away, she just applied yesterday. so i will probably revisit the subject then.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Something no one mentioned thus far is with semi-autos in ankle holsters they're closer to dirt and dust that would be kicked up from walking around. While this has no effect to revolvers, it poses reliablilty concerns with semi-autos.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Probably too heavy to be comfortable not to mention poor accessability. Hard to draw without stopping and taking your eyes off the perp.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links