CC questions???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: CC questions????

Member #
    Liked
    568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    I don't carry the 738, but I know some that do. It's very concealable over the waistband with light, and heavy covering. I have another manufacturers pocket pistol, and I'm thinking of having an OWB holster made for it. No matter what size firearm you carry, OWB is the most comfortable, and IWB, being the most concealable. Of course, if you open carry it, why not over the waistband?
    This^^^ I iwb cc my 738. I use a Talon holster, and at the 4 o'clock position, it is very comfortable while sitting. At times, i forget i'm carrying, also this is due to the light weight.
    xXSAINT65Xx likes this.
    "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, & smarter than you think." Pooh Bear

Member #
    Liked
    41548 times
    Sig P250 compact in an IWB Old Faithful holster. Carry every day in the clothes that I wore every day before CC. I've experienced no issues except maybe forgetting to zip my fly the first few time because of the added steps it takes to get ready with an IWB and one catastrophic shorts malfunction due to a too small chair that almost made concealing impossible. I also carry at 4:15, the most comfortable position for me.
    xXSAINT65Xx likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    363 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xXSAINT65Xx View Post
    I hope the day never comes myself and to everyone else that CC. I did some searching on the web and I found a club thats near me but the only problem is $$ at the moment and bills but after I clean up those I will find out more about it. I think i would love it also.
    I just shot my first IDPA match this last weekend. It was $20 plus the ammo. Many clubs will let you do a shoot without being a member.

As far as carry goes learning you state laws can not be stressed enough and with the internet you can usually download your state's DOJ articles on CC for free. I learned far more from reading the laws then any class taught me! When I carry IWB I'm packin' an XDs45 in a Thies holster @ 4 o'clock. He's a site sponsor and makes a great product for a fair price. For OWB I have a couple plastic holsters. I kind of like them. Just make sure what ever you get is made for your gun, secures it well and meets your needs. I mostly carry CC IWB because I like the muzzle completely concealed in my pants.
    Gun control infringes on my rights to keep and bear Arms necessary to the security of a free State.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5037 times
    I carry my 738 in an Uncle Mikes #3 pocket holster. The nice thing is that I can tuck the holster IWB at the 4:00 position and it will never move. How I carry the TCP depends on what I'm wearing. With shorts and a tee, it's in pocket. Pants and a cover shirt, IWB. I prefer IWB at the 4:00 with all my guns.
    "How monotonously alike all the great tyrants and conquerors have been: how gloriously different are the saints." - C.S. Lewis
    "If Ewoks can carry guns responsibly, then so can I!" - Me
    Montani Semper Liberi!

Member #
    Liked
    2825 times
    Start out with a cheap Blackhawk holster $15.
    I never felt the need to upgrade.

Member #
    Liked
    1448 times
    I alternate what i carry each week. Either a Taurus 605, with 357's or a SA XD SC 9mm. Warm weather i carry IWB in A Cardini leather holster. Cold weather i carry both in Fobus paddle holsters.
    ​III

dem·a·gogue
    /ˈdeməˌgäg/
    Noun
    A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

"Why Johnny Ringo....you look like someone just walked over your grave...."

USN 1987- 1995
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    3202 times
    uncle mikes and desanti make a thin light weight iwb or pocket holster under 20 that works great for 738 top one tucks 938 injacket or purse bottom goes at 4 oclock iside waste band

jhp

Name:  P1030250.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  1.46 MB
    Last edited by JHPRICE; 07-23-2013 at 04:42 PM.

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Member #
    Liked
    497 times
    i carry in the waist band, sometimes shoulder harness alsp
    when i get my sawed off.... ZOMBIES get hauled off!!!

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    I carry at every opportunity but use different rigs by 1) situation, 2) clothing 3) how I feel . I usually carry a Glock 26 or 19 9mm in a Galco Stow-N-Go IWB leather holster. Elastic waistband shorts, sweats, etc. possibly a DeSantis Apache ankle rig with my Taurus 605 .357 OR a Remora if the pants have a drawstring.

A High Noon Bare Asset IWB leather holster and my Glock G30 in .45ACP or a Ruger LCP 380 in a Belly Band or Smart Carry.
    JHPRICE likes this.
    -- Robert

Member #
    Liked
    18383 times
    I hate carrying IWB. I've tried a lot of holsters and a lot of guns. Couldn't get anything I felt comfortable with. I like carrying in my pocket. I've got a Ruger LC9 for deep pockets and the TCP for shallow pockets. The Ruger holster is whatever brand Walmart sells and the TCP holster is a DeSantis. I actually like the Wally World holster better.

Whatever you get just remember it's not about what you should carry but what you will carry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links