• 1 Post By Falstaff
  • 1 Post By darbo
  • 1 Post By mattbob

Thread: New Stingray

Member #
    Liked
    3907 times

New Stingray

Six weeks and two days from order to delivery. A wee bit longer than the 3-4 weeks advertised at the time of ordering. I don't mind waiting, but be realistic about time frames, please.

This holster was delivered today. I wore it for a few hours, while driving, and while walking. Seemed comfortable enough. No sharp edges. Retention is good. I like the width of the belt clip. It looks like the Kydex is slightly molded at the slide safety - in the safety off position. Putting the gun in the holster with the safety on does not seem to make any significant difference in the fit. I like it. Smart move by Clinger.

Below are some pictures comparing it to my Little FoxX. Initial thoughts: the Stingray is thinner than the hybrid holster. It does not feel significantly thinner. The Little FoxX feels a little more comfortable, but them again, it has a "comfort backing" on it. (Stingray was about 1/2 the price of the Little FoxX.)

The slickness of the Kydex on the Stingray meant that the holster slipped down on me. Rather, was pushed down by my love handles. Since I do not anticipate wearing this against my bare skin, I may apply some moleskin to the back to help with the slippage.

I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow. Indeed, I'm going to walk to work. That should give me 4 miles of walking, round trip. That should give me a pretty good feel for the comfort of this holster. More thoughts later.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Member #
    Liked
    3271 times
    That's cool!
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    3907 times
    Wore it all day. Got a late start, so I did not walk to work. I did, however, do about three hours worth of yard work with it on - and ran several errands. Wore it for about 9 hours total. Felt great - far more comfortable than I thought it would be. I like it. Still prefer the Little FoxX - but with the Stingray's full sweat shield and smaller profile, I see it getting more wear in the summer than the Little FoXX. Right tool for the right job . . . That, plus I have 2 PT111 G2s, so another holster was a no brainer.

Small sample size, but hard to imagine you could go wrong with the Stingray. Just my 2 cents!
    darbo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18845 times
    Thanks for the report. I have been curious about that type of holster. Originally I bought a Crossbreed mini-tuck and it was ok. Next I bought a Remora and that's all I use.
    Falstaff likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Just received one for a J-frame Smith. Took 5 weeks before it arrived. Very well made and holds the piece very well.
    Falstaff likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    344 times
    I got my Stingray today for my PT-140 G2. It did take longer than advertised... about 7 weeks all in all. However, it was worth the wait. I was expecting some sort of break-in period needed, but nope! Fit perfectly out of the package after loosening up the retention screw just a bit! I already like it for IWB better than the cloak tuck I have. Unfortunately, I cannot legally do anything but wear it around the house/yard at this time to give it a real world test. But it is pretty comfortable for such a low profile. I too liked the way it was molded for safety on or off. I am thinking I would like to order another with a flush fit (this one is 15*) so I can wear it in front waistband.

Member #
    Liked
    4907 times
    Both of my Stingrays are zero cant... I found it more versatile and it enables an appendix carry easily.

Member #
    Liked
    344 times
    Well I hadn't considered appendix until I got this one... the AG one was a definite no. Think I have decided that I like single clip better for IWB since I am a smaller guy with no waist really. The 15* is easier for me to draw from my back though, so I still like it. No reason not to have several options! Now I need something for my beretta.

Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Nice use for old bicycle tubes........

Sponsored Links