Love that lady - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Love that lady

Member #
    Liked
    3522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFalls View Post
    My wife has been shooting handguns, and maybe guns longer than I have. First time we shot together was 1987. She was 90lb and shooting a 6" Taurus 66 with wad-cutters, she was out shooting a buddy of mine, who made the comment that she only shot so well due to the light HBWC loads. He was shooting a hot 158 WHP/.38+P. She didn't say a word. She just laid the gun down after her set and went to the cab of my truck. I knew what was about to go down. She quietly got a speedo deer of 158gr .357mag. and rejoined us. Her next set had 6 loud and flaming "BOOMS"!! 5 in the (x) one in the head. She never said a word. I'm still laughing! I laugh again still when we go to gun stores and people, are well, people who don't know what they think they know. Love this lady.
    My wife has a lot of great attributes, but that ain't one of them!
    Sekol likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    22806 times
    Oh heck, I was hoping to see a pictue of a deer in a speedo! Auto correct drives me crazy, too...especially on my new Kindle where I haven't been able to figure out how to turn it off!

All in all - it does my heart good to see you men speak so highly of your women folk! God bless you!
    kschilk likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    22224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Oh heck, I was hoping to see a pictue of a deer in a speedo! Auto correct drives me crazy, too...especially on my new Kindle where I haven't been able to figure out how to turn it off!

All in all - it does my heart good to see you men speak so highly of your women folk! God bless you!
    Miss Sekol dear, Most of our wimmenfolk are armed. we know better than to speak ill of them.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    I heard that pink deer speedos were available at Victoria's Secret.
    taurustoter likes this.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    3522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawfish View Post
    I heard that pink deer speedos were available at Victoria's Secret.
    I would think deer would prefer camo?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    4187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
    I prefer speedo deer.
    Deer in my area go commando

Member #
    Liked
    7799 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    Know a woman like that.
    She literally kicked her step sons 'carcass' into intensive care when he came home one night high on drugs. Police called it 'self defense'. No charges filed. He later went to live with 'mommy dearest'.
    She was also half owner of a gun shop where I used to live. Considered .444 Marlin rifles 'adequate'.
    I have stayed on her good side since I first met her. Her bad side scares the stuffing out of me.
    I had a hinky feeling about my sister's first husband, so, shortly after the wedding, we had us a 'family range trip'. Watching Daddy centerpunch targets with a J-frame, my sister shoot clothespins off the target stands at 25 yards with a M1 Carbine- something he couldn't do with a scoped .22 rifle- along with my own modest efforts- seemed to have made quite an impression on him.

It was quite amusing to see the realization dawning on him that he was, by far, the worst shooter out there and that 'out of range' had a whole new and very different meaning in our family than it did in his. It might have been Daddy shooting clay pigeons at 200 yards from the standing position (he was a marksmanship instructor in the Army and, to be fair, he was using the sling), my sister literally taking a Hi Power out of his hand and a full mag out of his pocket to shoot a group half the size of his own at 12 yards or my shooting clays at the 100 yard berm with a 1911.
    Desperado and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17170 times
    My wife was like that when we first met. After we were married we made it a point to go shooting at least once a month, usually two or three times. As our kids got older they went too. Unfortunately, Arthur Itus introduced himself to her and she got to the point where an afternoon of Saturday shooting became a three day painful recovery. She'll still go out with me sometimes just to put a few rounds through her 38, but we don't go like we used to. Enjoy your time together. It's hell gettin old.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    301 times
    A few years after my daughter got married, her Husband bought a Desert Eagle pistol in 45AE. She went to the range with him, and he asked her if she wanted to shot the new pistol. Be careful he said, "...this is not like the little .22 pistols you used to shoot with your Dad..." . Before could stop her, she picked up the big pistol, and emptied the magazine into a 6' bull. Dumbfounded, he asked "where did you learn to shoot like that?" "From my Dad, When we were not shooting the 'little 22 pistols", I shot my .44 Magnum, and he let me shoot his .454 Casull. I think the new gun kicks just a little more than my .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk, but less than his Casull." His only comment "Oh".
    bigC, CWB, Giordi and 1 others like this.
    "A man can never have too many good books, too much red wine, or too many rounds of ammunition": Rudyard Kipling

NRA Patron Member; Life Member SCI, RMEF, NSRPA, NAHH, CRPA; Member FTRA, HHI, Winchester Collectors Assn.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFalls View Post
    Auto correct!!!! Speedloader, not speedo deer. Southern deer are respectable!!
    Shucks....I wanted to see you wearing that speedo with deer on it !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links