Hi all I am a newbie to guns and everything guns - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Hi all I am a newbie to guns and everything guns

Member #
    Liked
    5103 times
    Just look at your gun ownership as an adventure and enjoy the ride......Most of us guys have a box full of holsters as we chase the right holster...........It wont be long before you are comfortable with your weapon and you feel strange when you dont have it on your person. Just always think safety and you should do well.........And welcome to the best gun forum on the interwebs!
    vegasgirl and loudviking like this.

Member #
    South of the Tampa Bay Area/North of Fort Myers
    Liked
    104 times
    Thank you for this I am heading there now.I just joined the NRA as it came with the purchase of the gun. I would love a copy of that information on women and carrying concealed. Thank you. Email is [email protected]. Again thank you for all of this!

Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    If you haven't already, check out https://www.gungoddess.com
    They have a decent selection of belts (as well as holsters and other items)
    vegasgirl likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    South of the Tampa Bay Area/North of Fort Myers
    Liked
    104 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    If you haven't already, check out https://www.gungoddess.com
    They have a decent selection of belts (as well as holsters and other items)
    Thank you for the link.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Welcome from a fellow Floridian!!

Member #
    Liked
    7534 times
    Midway has Desantis on sale right now https://www.midwayusa.com/s?promotio...antis-holsters
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Purse with kydex holster

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's going to depend on what and how you carry, and which belt.

Member #
    Liked
    1100 times
    I agree with PeterPocket about USCCA. It has a great magazine, with many articles about women carrying.
    It also fantastic self defense insurance, which is something else you should consider.

For self-defense insurance I use USCCA (www.usconcealedcarry.com), and I highly recommend it. It may be a little more expensive than others, but I think their service is well worth it. They offer three levels of insurance: Gold, Platinum, and Elite. In addition, all three plans include Critical Response Team assistance 24/7/365, Attorney reference and coordination, Psychological support/counseling, and subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine. Their website has lots of other reference material, training videos, and links to additional training material. The magazine is outstanding, and once you're a member you can download any of their past issues for free. Here are the plans:

Gold— Which provides $600,000 self-defense protection: $5,000/50,000 for bail bond funding, $100,000 for criminal defense protection and attorney retainer, $500,000 for civil suit defense and damages, and $350/day compensation while in court. Cost: $247/yr.

Platinum—Which provides $1,150,000 self-defense protection: $25,000/250,000 for bail bond funding, $150,000 for criminal defense protection and attorney retainer, $1,000,000 for civil suit defense and damages, and $500/day compensation while in court. Cost: $347/yr.

Elite—Which provides $2,250,000 self-defense protection: $50,000/500,000 for bail bond funding, $250,000 for criminal defense protection and attorney retainer, $2,000,000 for civil suit defense and damages, and $750/day compensation while in court. Cost: $497/year

I have the Platinum plan. For me, the critical item was the civil suit defense/damages funding. Lots of other insurance plans provide for criminal defense, but for civil lawsuits you're on your own. With our litigious society, lawsuits are all too common, and this insurance covers both legal fees AND any damages awarded!

If I only have one phone call, it's going to be to the USCCA Critical Response Team. A call to them, anytime day or night, will get the ball rolling. They will arrange bail and contact your attorney. Don't have an attorney? They have a list of attorneys in your area that are experienced in self-defense law.

Also, don't rely on your homeowner's insurance, even if they say they cover you for self-defense. Usually they will only pay for attorney fees AFTER you are found Not Guilty. You have to pay all expenses up-front, and then try to get reimbursed after the verdict is in. And if you are found guilty of anything (murder, manslaughter, negligence, etc.), you may get nothing, even though it was your lawyer that convinced you to accept a lesser charge. The rules are different for each state, and each insurance company.

Many times whether you are found guilty or not guilty depends on:
    1. Do you have a lawyer?
    2. Is he a good lawyer?
    3. Is he experienced in self-defense law?
    4. Do you have the resources to hire a private investigator to search out details?
    5. Do you have the resources to bring in "Expert witnesses" to testify on your behalf?
    6. Do you have the resources to search firearm and self-defense case law throughout the country to use in your defense?
    7. Do you have the resources to search firearms data that would aid in your defense?

These things are crucial, and an organization like USCCA can provide them.
    And no, I am not a company spokesman; just a happy customer.

Every year since it began in 2004, the USCCA has set up a booth at the NRA convention. But in 2017, two weeks before the convention, the USCCA was "dis-invited", and not allowed to set up a booth. Why? The NRA realized that the self-defense insurance business is a money-maker. They came out with their own self-defense insurance, “Carry Guard”, and didn't want any competition at the convention. How crappy is that?
    Where's Carry Guard now? It's gone!

My advice: Go with the USCCA. Check out their website; I think you'll like it.
    Another self-defense insurance you might check out is CCW Safe.
    This insurance is endorsed by attorney Andrew Branca,who wrote the book "The Law of Self Defense".

Whatever you choose, I recommend you get self-defense insurance.
    Last edited by 777Driver; 09-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links