Recalcitrant Son in Law - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Recalcitrant Son in Law

Member #
    Liked
    444 times
    TheOldRedneck stated it, However as I have found out through my own misguided help to get wife to shoot took time for her to come to her own so to speak Son n law may or may not I hope he does ultimately the choice/responsibility is his we can only encourage.
    Yuck Moo

Member #
    Liked
    1675 times
    And sometimes nature (the rel world, Karma, whatever) has its own way of bringing rational thought to bear.

I have a granddaughter who would dissolve into hysterical tears whenever she would even see a gun, - I furnished her Mom (my own daughter) with one for self-defense/carry a decade and a half ago. In the ensuing years, little granddaughter graduated high-school without incident, went to University and went to work for a law-firm and still doing same. She met this guy, not a"Snowflake", but still not too keen on firearms, but he recognizes others positions as valid. Anyway g-dau and this guy marry, buy a home that they can afford - which incidentally, happens to be n a neighborhood east of Richmond, VA, where things are not so tranquil as the place where she grew up. Multiple someones tried both the back door and the front door one night, just before hubby came home and SHE and he called gramps and asked about a gun. I sent them a new SW9VE, and they both have changed their attitude considerably since.

So maybe time, reality, and the local news will do the trick
    taurustoter likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    3390 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    And sometimes nature (the rel world, Karma, whatever) has its own way of bringing rational thought to bear.

I have a granddaughter who would dissolve into hysterical tears whenever she would even see a gun, - I furnished her Mom (my own daughter) with one for self-defense/carry a decade and a half ago. In the ensuing years, little granddaughter graduated high-school without incident, went to University and went to work for a law-firm and still doing same. She met this guy, not a"Snowflake", but still not too keen on firearms, but he recognizes others positions as valid. Anyway g-dau and this guy marry, buy a home that they can afford - which incidentally, happens to be n a neighborhood east of Richmond, VA, where things are not so tranquil as the place where she grew up. Multiple someones tried both the back door and the front door one night, just before hubby came home and SHE and he called gramps and asked about a gun. I sent them a new SW9VE, and they both have changed their attitude considerably since.

So maybe time, reality, and the local news will do the trick
    Funny how that works huh?
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links