Black female firearms instructor has goal of training one million women how to shoot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Black female firearms instructor has goal of training one million women how to shoot

Member #
    Liked
    3617 times

Black female firearms instructor has goal of training one million women how to shoot

Despite what the news link says, this isn't politics, it's about the instructor and the class. The reason I mentioned that she is black is because the article is not only about women being trained, but that most of the students are black women also. I think the information in the article and in the classroom is important however to women of all races.

Marchelle Tigner, known to her students and others as "Tig," is on a mission: to train at least 1 million women how to shoot a firearm. She had spent no time around guns before joining the National Guard. Now, as a survivor of domestic violence and sexual assault, she wants to give other women of color the training she hadn't had.

"It's important, especially for black women, to learn how to shoot," Tigner said, noting that black women are more likely to be victims of domestic violence. "We need to learn how to defend ourselves."
    and

Jonava Johnson, another student, says it took her a long time to decide to get a gun. For years she was afraid of them after an ex-boyfriend from high school threatened her and shot and killed her new boyfriend in front of her. She was just 17.

Flash forward about 30 years and her daughter was sexually assaulted in their home. At the time, she thought about getting a gun for protection but decided to get a guard dog instead. But she has since changed her mind.
    "I think that's the way it's always been in the black community: It was never OK for us" to own a gun, said Johnson, 50. But now? "I hope I never have to kill anybody, but if it comes down to me or my children, they're out."
    Black women picking up firearms for self-defense

Member #
    Liked
    22537 times
    " They were each shown how to load a magazine and given the chance to do it themselves — several of them struggling to get the bullets into the spring-loaded magazine with their long fingernails."

UpLULA sales spike 30%.....
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    3322 times
    That is awesome! I hope she exceeds that goal! She's breaking that mindset that some people of color have been told about guns.
    jimb1972 and 230JHP like this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22051 times
    I think what she's doing is great but for all the wrong reasons. Sure there's the personal/self defense aspect but If they are citizens they have a God given RIGHT that was acknowledged and codified in the US Constitution. No person of color (regardless what color it is) is prohibited from owning a firearm. Just like the rest of the Constitution, the amendments apply to ALL* US citizens while on US soil.

* those who have given up their second amendment rights did so by Felony convictions or posing a real danger to themselves or others.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    4170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUKev View Post
    That is awesome! I hope she exceeds that goal! She's breaking that mindset that some people of color have been told about guns.
    Yes, yes, I am working that on the retail level with women I meet in the Delta. The gals are most receptive when violence occurs to them, around them, or to their families....which is nearly every one. I funnel them to a man/wife team of CCW instructors and the results have been most positive. Many are NOT A VICTIM ANYMORE!!!
    Peacemakr40 and 230JHP like this.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    3418 times
    Not only that, but if you trace the background of a lot of gun control, a good portion of it seems to have come out the south, during the reconstruction era. Yeah, the same majority of Democrats that today cry for gun control, are the same Democrats that back then cried the most about blacks in America should not have the right of gun ownership. African Americans need to wake up to this "backdoor" way of controlling what they think and how they behave...instead of straight up slavery, they (the Left) have them in their pockets in a different way. Guess this black woman figured this out?
    Desperado, Peacemakr40 and 230JHP like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    48158 times
    My range is a U.N. of gun enthusiasts.
    230JHP likes this.
    We the People...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31646 times
    You go girl !
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yea she is!!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    I think what she's doing is great but for all the wrong reasons. Sure there's the personal/self defense aspect but If they are citizens they have a God given RIGHT that was acknowledged and codified in the US Constitution. No person of color (regardless what color it is) is prohibited from owning a firearm. Just like the rest of the Constitution, the amendments apply to ALL* US citizens while on US soil.

* those who have given up their second amendment rights did so by Felony convictions or posing a real danger to themselves or others.
    But they are scared to. Police see us as threats no matter if we are responsible gun owners or not. Its a legitimate concern when you think about it.
    taurustoter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links