Recommend a gun for the wife - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Recommend a gun for the wife

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Recommended gun for the wife (or you too)

Someone mentioned a Remington RM380... I had one. Past tense. It shoots great, and eats any ammo.
    The problem is, that the steel recoil rod rides on the aluminum pocket in the frame.
    Over time, that pocket wears out and soon you have a gun that will not work.

So if you don't intend to practice with it, it's a great gun.
    Based upon my experience with standard pressure range ammo, I would estimate a total of 3,000 rounds.
    - Folks from Remington may correct me since I am a user and not a seller.

I replaced the RM380 with a S&W 380 EZ (my abbreviation).
    - I have not seen any wear in it and it DOES live up to the reputation of EZ

Personally, if Taurus would chamber the G2C in 380, I think it would be a no brainer though.

Member #
    Liked
    3218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    Attachment 436011 I originally bought a 738 for my wife. She hated it...I was not a big fan of it either. She shot a 38 revolver, liked the revolver part but not the 38 kick. Finally settled on a Charter Arms .32 Mag. She learned to shoot with .32 long ammo working her way up to the .32 Mags. She really like the revolver, and she has gotten darn good with it.
    Can't beat the Charter revolvers! I was carrying my .357 Mag Pug today.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Wife ended up getting and loving a Bersa Thunder 380. The Sig P238 was great, but she's a safety consious shooter and carrying "cocked and locked" bothered her. The Bersa is a DA/SA with a safty. She liked that because it is the same as the SR22 that she's been shooting and carrying for over a year now. A nice soft shooter with a fixed barrel that she is very accurate with. Plus with the DA hammer, we practice with iDryfire and you don't have to rack the slide for each shot, (Sig does).
    taurustoter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM300 View Post
    Wife ended up getting and loving a Bersa Thunder 380. The Sig P238 was great, but she's a safety consious shooter and carrying "cocked and locked" bothered her. The Bersa is a DA/SA with a safty. She liked that because it is the same as the SR22 that she's been shooting and carrying for over a year now. A nice soft shooter with a fixed barrel that she is very accurate with. Plus with the DA hammer, we practice with iDryfire and you don't have to rack the slide for each shot, (Sig does).
    Good choice! The Thunder 380 is a real "sleeper" in the gun world. I have a two-toned one, has about 650-700 rounds through it, and other than it getting "grouchy" after shooting about a hundred rounds at a time, it has always been very reliable and very much a CC pistol in my rotation. I carry mine in a Fobus OWB paddle type holster, and a spare magazine in my front left pocket.
    KTM300 likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    My wife like "pretty" guns. And guns that have an easy to rack slide. And guns that are very accurate and reliable. The Sig p320 X5 has all of these traits in spades (but it is expensive). My wife owns 3 of them at this point, and we are eyeballing another. The Smith & Wesson 380 EZ also has all of the aforementioned traits (except the "pretty" trait). The wife has been very impressed with my EZ as well.
    Agreed. If you want a gun that is small and concealable, the P239 is a good choice.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Sponsored Links