Who here is actively casting? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Who here is actively casting?

Member #
    Liked
    1205 times
    My Bersa Thunder Plus loves that cast Lee and have shot hundreds of them. My Bersa will digest just about any loads including the 105 SWC Lee.
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Western North Dakota

Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    So far this is working well. John I loaded another 50 of the ones you sent me with the AA#2 and hope to get to shoot them in both guns soon. Also going to try and loading some of these with HP-38 to compare. So far though I am liking this cast bullet and it's making really think about starting to cast, especially with this bullet mold.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    Just finished shooting a bunch of these lil 380 pills and here is what I got;

Two guns used were a Witness Pavona 380 and a S&W 380EZ.

Bullets and loads were these;

Lee 356-95-RF Powder coated, Loaded with 2.8gr of both AA#2 and HP-38
    unknown 95gr R2 with 2.8gr AA#2
    Lee 356-102-R1 2.8gr AA#2 and 2.8gr HP-38

Of all the rounds fired the Lee 95-RF was the least impressive. Though it did seem to shoot a bit better in the S&W than it did in the Pavona. Though both shot high.

The best over-all was the 102-R1 with the HP-38 fired thru the S&W.

Didn't have a lot of the unknown mold to shoot this time so it may not be a fair comparison to the others but it did shoot about the same from both guns and was acceptable performance.

So if I base a mold purchase from these results I truly believe I have to go with the Lee 356-102

Really want to shout out to jspdrcmach5 for supplying me with that nice bag of bullets. They were the best of everything I tested. Also if you could pm me and supply some details on how you cast and lubed these that would be wonderful.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    980 times
    The bullets were cast with recovered range lead and tumble lubed with a 50/50 mixture of liquid xlox (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-X-Lo...cAAOSwIHlaZm8C) which is basically the same as lee liquid alox and Johnson Paste wax, the Johnson's paste wax while an effective lube all by itself serves to take away a lot of the stickiness of the xlox lube.
    Last edited by jspdrcrmach5; 08-28-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    Czechbikr and kmw1954 like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    3942 times
    Thank you Sir, this has been a great experience and I learned a little bit. Thinking now that I will take the plunge.
    jspdrcrmach5 likes this.

Join the fun!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links