• 1 Post By Czechbikr
  • 2 Post By muddcatt54
  • 1 Post By muddcatt54

Thread: Jumped in with both feet

Member #
    Liked
    2061 times

Jumped in with both feet

It's turned out to be a rainy afternoon so I plugged in my LEE bottom pour lead pot cleaned up my new 330 grain Hollow Point bullet, mold with some brake cleaner. The bottom pour pot made pouring Hollow Point easy I put the pin in place and slid the mold in under the spout, the floor plate of the pot holds the pin in place while I pour and let the pour cool and had good bullets after about three of four tries I had a good looking bullets the mold had been warming up since I plugged in the pot. I only poured a few because I need to make a batch of lead that is softer Lead right now I am pouring hard cast for pistol bullets. But I've got it figured out not nearly as hard as I thought.
    Pictures will soon follow
    Last edited by muddcatt54; 10-07-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    darbo, Panda, reloader762 and 2 others like this.
    Taurus PT 840 /Williams Adj, Sites/ 70969
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Member #
    Liked
    7732 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muddcatt54 View Post
    It's turned out to be a rainy afternoon so I plugged in my LEE bottom pour lead pot cleaned up my new 330 grain Hollow Point bullet, mold with some brake cleaner. The bottom pour pot made pouring Hollow Point easy I put the pin in place and slid the mold in under the spout, the floor plate of the pot holds the pin in place while I pour and let the pour cool and had good bullets after about three of four tries I had a good looking bullets the mold had been warming up since I plugged in the pot. I only poured a few because I need to make a batch of lead that is softer Lead right now I am pouring hard cast for pistol bullets. But I've got it figured out not nearly as hard as I thought.
    Pictures will soon follow
    It's been 4 months, whats your definition of soon?
    william and Cariwine like this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    2061 times
    I'm not sure what happened I guess life got in the way I did pour a few and they turned out nice I took pictures so I'll try to get them on the forum today. To be honest I forgot about it. I quit smoking about ten weeks ago and have spent very little time out in the shop because that was my smoking spot and I always had a cigarette going when I was on this kindle reading or writing on the forum
    I still haven't made a complete bullet I bought 100 Starline cases and I have several different pounds of powder to try so I guess laziness falls in there somewhere.
    Czechbikr and jimb1972 like this.
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muddcatt54 View Post
    I'm not sure what happened I guess life got in the way I did pour a few and they turned out nice I took pictures so I'll try to get them on the forum today. To be honest I forgot about it. I quit smoking about ten weeks ago and have spent very little time out in the shop because that was my smoking spot and I always had a cigarette going when I was on this kindle reading or writing on the forum
    I still haven't made a complete bullet I bought 100 Starline cases and I have several different pounds of powder to try so I guess laziness falls in there somewhere.
    Good for you for leaving tobacco behind! Keep putting days and weeks between you and the last one! It gets easier the farther that you go.
    jimb1972 likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2061 times
    Thanks for the encouragement there are times I need it.
    I just can't figure out where all the money I should be saving is when I find it I'll buy a Colt Good Cup 38 Super
    jimb1972 and Czechbikr like this.
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Member #
    Liked
    2061 times
    Thanks for the encouragement there are times I need it.
    I just can't figure out where all the money I should be saving is when I find it I'll buy a Colt Good Cup 38 Super
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Member #
    Liked
    7732 times
    Congratulations on quitting smoking, I am interested in casting HP myself and would love to see your results.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Sponsored Links