Finally got too shoot my TCP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Finally got too shoot my TCP!

And I love it! Worked perfect, no jams, FTF, nothing at all. I shot 50 rounds of hollow point, 50 handloads, and 50 cheapy walmart rounds flawlessly. I had cleaned the gun very well before hand, and polished the barrel so maybe that helped but the reliability was perfect. I was able to hit whatever I wanted from about 10 feet away, after that I really had to focus (shooting at cans, so a fairly small target)

Overall I am very impressed with this gun, although I suck at aiming with it. Makes me kinda want the crimson trace despite its outrageous price tag.
    "A man's house is his castle, and God's law, as well as man's, sets a guard upon it; he that assaults it does so at his peril." Exodus 22:2

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Re: Finally got too shoot my TCP!

sounds great....

I just got my Crimson Trace catalog. I ordered it and it came with a free DVD.

The jury's out on the laser, I had one on another handgun and hated it. Also, with the effective range of the TCP being 7-10 yards; I don't really see the need.

I do like the idea of helping the "bad guys make an informed decision"

Member #
    Liked
    1245 times

I have CTC on my TCP. Now "point-n-shoot" really is!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27597 times

Sounds as if your initial range outing was just as enjoyable for you as mine was for me. My TCP still has not hiccupped once during the 15 months I've owned it.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

I was ery impressed. I really want the CT laser but at the same time really want a crossbreed. Decisions decisions!
    "A man's house is his castle, and God's law, as well as man's, sets a guard upon it; he that assaults it does so at his peril." Exodus 22:2

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times

Lasers are like tracers and as the Army Ordnance Manual says, "Tracers work both ways." I see lasers at the range and they look impressive, but they also say, "Everybody shoot at me. Here I am."

The CrossBreed holster is a lot cheaper than a good laser and very comfortable. However, if you are set on getting a laser, then you will need a holster that fits your gun with the laser mounted. I guess you could order a CrossBreed for your gun with the laser. Ask CrossBreed if it will work until you can get a laser.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    762 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70
    Lasers are like tracers and as the Army Ordnance Manual says, "Tracers work both ways." I see lasers at the range and they look impressive, but they also say, "Everybody shoot at me. Here I am."

The CrossBreed holster is a lot cheaper than a good laser and very comfortable. However, if you are set on getting a laser, then you will need a holster that fits your gun with the laser mounted. I guess you could order a CrossBreed for your gun with the laser. Ask CrossBreed if it will work until you can get a laser.
    When they see the laser on em, too late!! As far as the holster, give Kholster a look see. They have a sale going on now.
    When the P(Edit)HTF, don't be in front of the fan.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

I will look into Kholster!

The biggest reason I want a laser is because based on my shooting I wouldn't trust myself, although it may get better the more I shoot the gun. Im just not used to the tiny gun and lack of sights.

It might be cheaper to buy more ammo than to by a laser and just practice a bit more!

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times

That laser doesn't just suddenly appear on the target. There is usually a good bit of searching to get the dot on target. During that time you are a sitting duck with a thin line of light leading straight back to you. And if there is more than just one target? Just my two cents worth.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Thats a great point, and I keep hearing that most incidents where one would need a CC weapon are in low light, so it would be even more visible.

I think I will invest the money into more ammo for training.

Anyone have any tips or advice for shooting the small gun that may improve accuracy? I think I was shooting way low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links