738 firing pin issue
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mtn_chef

Thread: 738 firing pin issue

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

738 firing pin issue

Long time lurker here... Came here to vent and ask a question or two.
    my stainless 738 went click one day with out a bang.
    to the best of my ability It appears the firing pin shat the bed. was unable to drive the pin out so I sent it to the new facility in georgia?
    That was in febuary... crickets since then.
    I emailed someone in july? CSR person had no info. anyone else got a pistol in limbo back at the mother ship?

With my pocket carry gun broken I've been carrying my brick G19 and miss just being able to drop my pistol in a pocket and go any where with out worrrying about printing, or worse going naked.
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2451 times
    Time to give them a call???
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1573 times
    Sometimes it's better to contact Taurus via the chat line on their website.

I had a 738 for a while, and it was my problem child.
    At first it would jam on the last round in the magazine. After LOTS of dry-firing many rounds through it, it started working good.
    Then after a year, it started having FTE problems. I sent it back to Taurus and they wanted to replace it with a Spectrum. I asked if I could get a G2C instead, and they approved.

I still wanted a small pocket pistol, so I bought a Ruger LCP-II. It's almost exactly like the 738, but much more reliable.
    Love my other Taurus guns (G2C, M-85UL, and TH9C), but that 738 was a problem.

Sponsored Links