Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Is the 709 still part of your EDC

Member #
    Liked
    766 times

Is the 709 still part of your EDC

So,
    Hi folks, long time no post. Go figure, just life stuff.
    I have had my 709 (had two but sold one) for many years. My original that I bought bout the time they first came out is the one I still carry as EDC. Stopped counting rounds after >4000. At the range I will put about 25 or so downrange with it as "make sure".
    I have been to the store and checked out the new stuff, many are really nice, but I can't find anything I like better than my trusty PT709.

I have gone back to original sites, replaced the grip tape twice and had to replace the recoil spring once (Taurus sent me two! thumbs up to that). It has become synonymous with my wallet.

Anyways, just wondering.
    Last edited by jbtty; 03-19-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    loudviking and darbo like this.
    When the P(Edit)HTF, don't be in front of the fan.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23494 times
    In late Spring and Hot Summer days, when concealing anything larger is a problem, my Taurus PT709 gets carried in a Wallet Holster.
    When I can wear a Shirt Jacket, I can sometimes conceal my PT111 Millennium Pro, which I prefer, but I don't feel any less protected
    with my PT709.
    loudviking likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    20376 times
    During cooler months my 709 and Beretta PX4 SC get mixed carry. During the hot summer months the 709 gets carried almost exclusively. I have had it for about 8 years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    660 times
    Yep, more so in the summer.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    709 is my main carry.
    Just an old guy who has enjoyed fast cars and guns since I was about 12 years of age.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33044 times
    My son's main LTC carry is a PT709. He carries it pretty much like I carry my Shield.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    9118 times
    Yup. Got a 709 in the rotation along with a PT908 and the G2S.

Member #
    Liked
    28041 times
    NOPE!
    sold it about 5-6 months after I bought it!
    the gun ran fine, was a good carry size but I just absolutely could not hit with it, didn't fit my hand, didn't care for the trigger so it didn't serve a purpose in my arsenal.
    replaced it with a Beretta PX4SC and then went to a CZ P-01 which I still carry.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Oh yeah, 709 in the summer quite a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    1139 times
    I carried mine for several years. I have a younger brother who has limited resources, but had a desire for self protection. My 709 is with him, along with ammo, holster 50 rounds for practice and videos/books on self defense. Meanwhile I have my carry rotation with other compact options including deep concealment with a pocket pistol.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links