Is the 709 still part of your EDC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is the 709 still part of your EDC

Member #
    Liked
    5650 times
    Still carry mine. Like it a lot. Not something that I take to the range on a regular basis as I worry about the longevity
    of it. I do take it occasionally to stay fresh with it.

All the Best,
    D. White
    jwc007 likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    33443 times
    Since I a) started a revolver kick that's still going strong and b) got a 3" 1911 that's reliable and feature packed, I don't carry my 740 as much as I used to. It was my EDC for quite some time. But it still does present itself as the best choice at times, because of the .40 punch, how slim it is, and the sweat/dirt/corrosion resistance that polymer guns offer.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    I have a FMK 9C1 G2 that I like a lot, but it's bigger than the 709 that goes in my pocket holster or IWB holster. I also have a Beretta 92FS. Between those 3 I feel well protected.

Thinking about getting a Canik 9mm cause I like the way it looks.
    jwc007 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    37342 times
    I carry mine more in the winter than the summer. It's about the maximum size for a pocket pistol for me...need clothes that are a bit more bulky. During the summer I carry my North American Arms .22 mag. Still plenty good at the range I'd be using it. Not something I'd want shot with.

NativeTexan likes this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    9417 times
    PT740 w/extended mag still my EDC. PT709 is a safe queen.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Still part of my rotation. It's the smallest, lightest 9mm that I own. As nice as the new G2S is the 709 is slightly smaller. I just carried the 709 hiking for several hours yesterday without any problem.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-vs-taurus-g2s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    jwc007 likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31990 times
    The 709 is a fine carry. I've been carrying a Kel Tec P11 since 1996 for a subcompact pocketable 9mm and like the gun a lot, don't wanna give it up for anything newer. It's got a little less than 10k through it, still a great little gun. Now that Texas carry laws include open carry, though, it ain't like I worry if the front of the slide on my TH9c occasionally flashes below my shirt. Then, too, I find my old 85SSUL or my newer .357 magnum 605 poly very nice deep concealment guns, so I have lots of options in that roll. A little heavier, but OWB my 3" M66 is a nice hot weather choice. I'm quite happy with all my carry choices, so I think I've got enough. It's too confusing as it is to decide what to carry in the morning.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    27662 times
    I have kind of moved through several pocket pistols in recent years.
    the 709 was bought as a carry weapon, although not for the front pocket.
    then I went to the TCP--which was basically a total bust for me as the weapon was not dependable, then went to the Sig 238 (380) as well and it completed the function of pocket carry, very well, was reliable, accurate.
    then went to the Sig 365, wonderful gun, will work in MY pockets fine and a dream to carry IWB, light multiple capacity, accurate, reliable.
    I also have a Springfield Armory XDS in 9 MM that is a very good weapon, reliable and that's the MOST important to me as to carry/ self defense use.
    its not quite as nice as the Sig 365 and not quite as accurate--likely due to the better trigger of the Sig.
    we all look, see, feel and think what may work best for us, sometimes we find it, sometimes we don't.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    NOPE!
    sold it about 5-6 months after I bought it!
    the gun ran fine, was a good carry size but I just absolutely could not hit with it, didn't fit my hand, didn't care for the trigger so it didn't serve a purpose in my arsenal.
    replaced it with a Beretta PX4SC and then went to a CZ P-01 which I still carry.
    I had the same problem. I too sold it. Too bad because I really wanted to like it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    9040 times
    I am happy that mine fits me. Even have one of the rare 9 round mags to go with mine. As long as I take in it's limitations similar to those of a snub revolver things will work out. I'm not going to push the 709's operating envelope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links